Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - 2022-23 Edition - Postseason Success can't be a Myth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
He'll be okay, I promise
Then you need to find a replacement for Zuccarello out there, and re-create their chemistry. That will not be easy, and totally unnecessary, because Zucc will still be a good player for a very good price. And Kap will be happy...

It's really a no-brainer. More interesting what Zucc wants to do, I don't think he's made up his mind yet.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Then you need to find a replacement for Zuccarello out there, and re-create their chemistry. That will not be easy, and totally unnecessary, because Zucc will still be a good player for a very good price. And Kap will be happy...

It's really a no-brainer. More interesting what Zucc wants to do, I don't think he's made up his mind yet.
News flash but almost any skilled player should be able to play with Kap and have success.

Yeah, and that's with Fleury and Goligoski still on roster. Figure out something with them and it opens back up a bit.
I'm not entirely sure we need to do that. Dumba should be making less, which should allow for Gus's new contract IMHO.

If Nyquist and Johansson ask for similar money to what they're making now, everything should fit. Moved this to the FA/Trade thread because I thought it was more fitting.

EDIT: That being said, I could see Goli asking/allowing a trade due to the lack of ice time he's been getting.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He’s a tweezer probably
He is pretty plucky

For 6M I think we could re-sign Nyquist and have 3M left over. Nyquist actually is visible on the ice in the playoffs

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Honest question. What happens when Zucc retires? Kap is gonna have to deal with it at some point here.
Maybe Kaprizov will hire him as his manager, personal assistant. If Zuccarello stays around after he retires as a player then I'm pretty sure that Kaprizov will re-sign here.

Would this be okay for you?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe Kaprizov will hire him as his manager, personal assistant. If Zuccarello stays around after he retires as a player then I'm pretty sure that Kaprizov will re-sign here.

How about no. Just rip off the bandaid

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Personal assistant? Manager? If he is that dependent on Zucc....if he needs him to be by his side during his whole career.....well that just sounds unhealthy, tbh.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Personal assistant? Manager? If he is that dependent on Zucc....if he needs him to be by his side during his whole career.....well that just sounds unhealthy, tbh.
Seriously, if that's the case, the sooner we get rid of Zucc the better... just for Kap's mental health.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't know if you all know this but apparently, the Wild have released a movie. I, for one, think it will be really interesting/entertaining to watch:

1681935057669.png

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Many high level players have their own manager, Zucc too.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Crazy to think about Kaprizov's family (when he starts one) and Zuccarello's family all living in the same household together when they're like 40-50. It'll be like a sitcom. Luckily they're both rich so they can buy a pretty big house to fit everyone in.

Someone insert a funny sitcom title here. Maybe something cheeky about a Russian and a Norwegian.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Many high level players have their own manager, Zucc too.
No, I absolutely get that, but a player having his fellow teammate become his manager, because he needs him by his side, is a whole other can of worms.

Crazy to think about Kaprizov's family (when he starts one) and Zuccarello's family all living in the same household together when they're like 40-50. It'll be like a sitcom. Luckily they're both rich so they can buy a pretty big house to fit everyone in.

Someone insert a funny sitcom title here. Maybe something cheeky about a Russian and a Norwegian.
I see the opposite of the show Sisterwives....Brotherhusbands?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I see the opposite of the show Sisterwives....Brotherhusbands?

I don't know anything about Sisterwives, does that mean Kaprizov is gonna have to marry Zuccarello's wife, or am I off base here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad