Speculation: Tradable Assets

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Since this has come up a lot lately, I figure we should survey!

Which assets would you include in a trade to improve the club?

Not talking about trading an asset because someone blows you away with a dumb offer, which assets would you actively bring up and suggest to other GMs in deals?

(Poll coming shortly)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Poll added, if you have a suggestion of something I missed don't vote and I can add it for you.

Though I left some off intentionally like Richardson's broken leg, lesser prospects, 2nds,McGinn's money, and what not.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I would say the following players we keep and don't trade.

OEL/Domi/DVO/Chych/Perlini. OEL is too important, everyone else is some what proven and has too much upside.

I would trade the following but only with a great return, be careful with these assets:

Strome/Keller/Gogo/1st pick this year

Everyone else is available.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Good question.

Rieder
Martinook
Duclair
Strome
DeAngelo
Connauton

Depends on the value returned, but right now, we have so many good LWs, and I could easily see Rieder being offered as a result of his agent's pushiness, and when we get to extending the remaining LWs, Rieder already has a decent salary on the books and he will be looking for a raise, too.

Really, there aren't any players that I would be overly excited about getting rid of, but sometimes you have to give up something good to get something good.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Both firsts
Rieder
Martinook
Schenn
Murphy

Too early to trade anything else unless it is for a massive, obvious, team-controlled upgrade.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
My untouchables:

OEL, Domi, Dvorak, Chychrun, Perlini

Not quite untouchable, but will only move for a 1C or a top pairing RHD:

Strome, Keller, Duclair, ARZ 2017/2018 1sts, Murphy

Everything else is available

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Both firsts
Rieder
Martinook
Schenn
Murphy

Too early to trade anything else unless it is for a massive, obvious, team-controlled upgrade.

I agree with this. We need to add more high end talent to the group we have to improve our chances of getting enough of them to develop into solid, core players. Would love to keep Martinook though. He's a good team guy that can turn into a leader.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Assets probably worth at least a 3rd that I have no attachment to:

'17MIN1st
'17ARI2nd
'17CGY3rd
'18MIN2nd
'18ARI2nd
'18ARI3rd
Nick Merkley
Laurent Dauphin
Ryan MacInnis
Kyle Capobianco

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Would love to keep Martinook though. He's a good team guy that can turn into a leader.

Martinook has surprised everyone with his development. Would love to keep him as he is a strong block for a bottom 6 and a fixture on the PK, but given our strength at LW he is movable. Might be able to sell high on him on the right deal.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Both firsts
Rieder
Martinook
Schenn
Murphy

Too early to trade anything else unless it is for a massive, obvious, team-controlled upgrade.[/QU
I agree. We are starting to get a pipeline of pretty good prospects and now we are talking about trading them without knowing what we have. Let's have some patience here shall we. We are not going to contend next year, probably won't even make the playoffs, so let the kids develop another year and then decide at this time next year what we need.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let's wait until after the expansion draft to see if we can get a D, a C, or a RW. By that time we will know, or should have a better idea if Vrbata and/or Doan is returning.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My untouchables:

Domi - he's proven good enough and improves us by playing for us, flipping a guy like him for a veteran to "speed up the rebuild" would be silly. On the other side of it, trading him for a bluechipper or pick package would be a step backwards. A lateral move involving him would likewise just be pointless.

Strome - we don't know what we have with him yet. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for the right price, but I wouldn't actively shop him or bring him up in trade negotiations either.

OEL - he's our franchise player and best D, on a team where D is a problem. Trading him laterally if it's a fair trade won't improve our D, trading him for youngers/futures won't improve our D, trading him for veterans won't improve our D, trading him for forwards won't improve our D. The first two I'd still consider trading for a very steep price, but OEL is the only one who's completely untouchable to me.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We are a perennial bottom of the pack team, there are no untouchables . But we really can't afford to lose any trades or give up youth potential for veteran presence.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
My list would be:

The "core" such as it is.
Domi
OEL
Dvorak

Future need:
Keller (game breaking potential)
Fischer (RW)
Strome (top 6 C) - also value in return issues

Keep due to wanting to see more/growth:
Perlini

There's something to bringing a guy in that you want to encourage such behavior:
Goligoski

So I'd definitely move any of the other pieces up to and including the 1st/Chychrun. Though I probably wouldn't trade 1OA if we got that lucky (ha!). I trust the scouts, they'll find the guy they want and I think will avoid groupthink pitfalls if they indeed see that issue with a certain someone.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Surprised Strome is only at 33% and that Duke is at 50%.

I feel like Duclair isn't worth trading right now because his value is low, and his ceiling is high. Trading him is high risk, low reward.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I feel like Duclair isn't worth trading right now because his value is low, and his ceiling is high. Trading him is high risk, low reward.

I think it's more like medium risk, but yeah it's probably not worth it. I'd kick the tires on including him in a package if such a thing became an option but would be against something like a Mueller/Wolski scenery change deal.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Don't trade: Domi, Dvorak, Perlini, Chychrun, OEL

Would like to keep but may trade if offer is good: Ari 1st, Martinook, Rider

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Assets probably worth at least a 3rd that I have no attachment to:

'17MIN1st
'17ARI2nd
'17CGY3rd
'18MIN2nd
'18ARI2nd
'18ARI3rd
Nick Merkley
Laurent Dauphin
Ryan MacInnis
Kyle Capobianco

Meaning that most of our other stuff is worthless on the market(Schenn, McGinn, etc), or is worth more to us than it is to the market(Martinook, Duclair, etc), or it's clearly stupid to trade(Keller, Domi, etc)

So if I was less rushed, I'd have said that the above assets are the ones that I'd sacrifice in the name of being better immediately and might actually fetch pieces that could make us better immediately.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Let's wait until after the expansion draft to see if we can get a D, a C, or a RW. By that time we will know, or should have a better idea if Vrbata and/or Doan is returning.

The bargains will disappear after the xdraft. Look at the Ducks, they're desperate to make a deal and they have top notch D and RW talent available.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Checked every box. If the return will make the team better can't rule anyone out.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
No untouchables but the team has a young high potential core that Chayka should be building around: Domi, Dvorak, Keller, OEL and Chychryn (OEL is only moved if he has indicated he is not interested in re-signing with the team).

You draft for talent and trade for need. The coyotes have drafted a ton of talent. Now it is time to develop and manage the roster.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
All of them but:

Domi, Dvorak, Keller, Perlini, Rieder, Chych, OEL

I mean I'd move guys like Goose but it's not going to happen. We just got hit him, he's part of what we're trying to do here, and his contract means a big salary is coming back.

Guys like Nook, Crouse, Schenn, and Murphy are more valuable to us than whatever we'd be able to accomplish in a trade.

So, available: the picks, Duke, DeAngelo, Fischer, Wood, Strome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad