Speculation: Tradable Assets

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd rather just re-sign Hanzal and keep the 7th + Fischer.

Hanzal+7ov+Fischer > Stepan

At least for a group where we're at.

If they were willing to take less than full value in exchange for taking Girardi off their roster, then great. If not, I'd just move along. We're not anywhere close to a club that should pass on a top ten pick and decent forward prospect for established talent.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

If they were willing to take less than full value in exchange for taking Girardi off their roster, then great. If not, I'd just move along. We're not anywhere close to a club that should pass on a top ten pick and decent forward prospect for established talent.

I think for a case like this it would be great to know where the organization is RE: Hanzal. If Hanzal is a willing stop gap option on both sides it does change the equation.

But there's a decent sized chance the team is simply moving on from him. They didn't even discuss a contract extension from what I remember. Plus the possibility that they know something significant we don't about his health.

So IF Hanzal is not an option, the UFA crop kinda sucks otherwise, and there isn't much in the way of trades elsewhere; does the price for Stepan make more sense?

I'm not sure I'd move 7OV in any circumstance because those high picks are the biggest value generator we have going now. But the prospect of Dvorak and Richardson as your only serious NHL centers going in is pretty horrible. I'm a big believer in having some sort of insulation. Maybe now that Strome can play in the A it's not as much a concern though.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd throw big money at Hanzal and Bonino. I'd consider MoJo. I'd be looking all over for top nine centers. I wouldn't throw the 7ov and Fischer for Stepan. I think Stepan makes sense, but not that price tag.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
ironically Smith isn't listed in the Poll

Keller Hanzal Vrbata interests me
would like to see an upgrade to Burmistrov
I'm also thinking that Florida may have interest in McGinn as long as the Coyotes retain some salary
but enough with the forwards, we need to improve our 'D'

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
ironically Smith isn't listed in the Poll

Back when I made the poll I didn't really consider him an "asset" as such :laugh:

I think that's still probably the case though. We might get something of value in return depending on how it's done, but we'll take a hit somewhere. Retention or whatever.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We could always end up with 3 2c and I'm fine with that too, so long as our top 9 actually resembles a competitive top 9. I just want us to develop enough talent and continue to develop enough talent that we can have a similar run as Detroit where we make the playoffs for say, the next 15 years straight and we win the cup 3-4 times in that span. Detroit got 4 cups in 30 years, Pittsburg is working on it's 3rd in 9 years, Chicago has 3 in 9 years, Boston has 2 in 7. I want that kind of track record for this team and in order to achieve that you have to suck and stockpile. That's where we are now, let's just keep it up.

Rant wasn't directed at you btw sin, just a continuation of a thought.

I agree guys.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If Vegas doesn't bite on taking McGinn for a pick and Hanzal's a no-go:
McGinn + 7th for Bjugstad + 10th or 9th + Sheahan?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If Vegas doesn't bite on taking McGinn for a pick and Hanzal's a no-go:
McGinn + 7th for Bjugstad + 10th or 9th + Sheahan?

I'd say no on the Detroit deal, don't think Sheahan has enough value here. As for the Florida deal, depends on how you feel about NB. If you think he's ready to have a breakout year and show he's a 2c then sure, that's a steal, if you think he's a 35pt 3c then it's meh. I'd be on the fence about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->