Tracking the Blues’ Stanley Cup Quest—LOL

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Sorry, I meant to keep everyone updated on things through the first round. As Mrs. Mud will tell you, I suck. So, here's your update: We're 12 wins away from the Cup.

But we're a ways away from really getting concerned with that, so let's focus on the more immediate matter at hand: we are either 4 wins away from the next round, or 4 losses away from the offseason.

Thanks! As always, great analysis!

Happy to see the numbers getting easier and easier to follow!

I'm looking forward to the count I can do without setting my beer down using my fingers!

Reactions: Houli

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Well, we are supposedly tracking the Blues' Stanley Cup Quest. We might as well see it through to the very end, wherever that is.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Well, we are supposedly tracking the Blues' Stanley Cup Quest. We might as well see it through to the very end, wherever that is.
I realize as well as anyone that the Blues can lose to anyone in the playoffs, but we are to the point where the teams standing between St Louis and the SCF are Dallas, Colorado and probably Vegas (maybe San Jose but I’m skeptical of their chances). Not very intimidating.

Reactions: m1a2lt

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I realize as well as anyone that the Blues can lose to anyone in the playoffs, but we are to the point where the teams standing between St Louis and the SCF are Dallas, Colorado and probably Vegas (maybe San Jose but I’m skeptical of their chances). Not very intimidating.
I've seen that story before. 1991, 1993, 2000, 2012, 2016, 2017, maybe a few others. I've also seen how we've futzed it all up before. [See: all those years.] I'm not counting on anything based on how thimgs should go.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would love Blues vs. Bruins.

and change history.

history be made

620-bobby-orr-goal-thumb-620xauto-233424.jpg

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Figures have been updated--12/2.

1. Games Remaining—57 (Home Games—27; Away Games—30)
2. Available Points Remaining--114
3. Estimated Points Needed to get a Wildcard Slot—95
4. Points Earned to Date—21
5. Points Percentage Needed over Remaining Games to get a Wildcard Slot—.649
6. Sample Record that would get us to target—35-18-4

Upcoming games

1. Oilers
2. Jets
3. Canucks
4. Panthers
5. Avalanche
6. Flames
7. Oilers

Mad respect.

I'm not worthy.

Some believed when I didn't...

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
All I can think is that most teams that win the Cup have a series or two where they faced elimination and came through. Will there be more to the crazy story of this season for the Blues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad