TourettesGuy's [Offical] Trade Deadline / Free Agency / Draft Day Game!

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Minnesota would have matched that, in fact i asume a lot of teams would have offered more than thatm we need to establish a rule for RFAs

Well, he is not with Minny, he is with SJ. The SJ GM and I have come to an agreement that I would sign him to an offer sheet and he would not match and take the 2nd. You don't need to get nothing established since it's an offer I made and a deal that is in place...what are you complaining about??? :shakehead

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
ENTRY DRAFT 1ST ROUND

1. NY Islanders
2. Atlanta Thrashers
3. Colorado Avalanche
4. Tampa Bay Lightning
5. Phoenix Coyotes
6. Los Angeles Kings
7. St. Louis Blues
8. Toronto Maple Leafs
9. Ottawa Senators
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. Anaheim Ducks
12. Nashville Predators
13. Dallas Stars
14. Carolina Hurricanes
15. Buffalo Sabres
16. Ottawa Senators (Florida Panthers)
17. NY Rangers
18. Ottawa Senators (Minnesota Wild)
19. Pittsburgh Penguins
20. Vancouver Canucks
21. Atlanta Thrashers (Columbus Blue Jackets )
22. Montreal Canadiens
23. Florida Panthers (Philedelphia Flyers)
24. Chicago Blackhawks
25. Calgary Flames
26. New Jersey Devils
27. Washington Capitals
28. Detroit Red Wings
29. Boston Bruins
30. Toronto Maple Leafs (San Jose Sharks)

STANDINGS
Western Confrence
San Jose = 118
Detroit = 114
Calgary = 100
Chicago = 96
Vancouver = 79
Columbus = 79
Minnesota = 66
Dallas = 57
-------------
Nashville = 53
Anaheim = 49
Edmonton = 46
St. Louis = 30
Los Angeles = 27
Phoenix = 24
Colorado = 21

Eastern Conference
Boston = 116
Washington= 109
New Jersey = 107
Philadelphia= 94
Montreal = 80
Pittsburgh = 77
NY Rangers = 65
Florida = 62
---------------------
Buffalo = 60
Carolina = 58
Ottawa = 36
Toronto = 35
Tampa Bay = 22
Atlanta = 21
NY Islanders = 19

Why does Atlanta get the 2nd overall pick? They finished tied for 2nd to last with Colorado with 21 ponits. But Atlanta beat Colorado twice this season. I think Colorado should get the 2nd pick and Atlanta should get the 3rd.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
Dallas has to have a pick 15th or lower because they made the playoffs. Picks 1-14 go to teams that missed the playoffs no matter what.

Buffalo is sad to have missed the playoffs but we thank everyone that voted for us.

Last edited:

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Washington Capitals are pleased to announce the following signings!

The Washington Capitals have been informed that San Jose nor the Detriot Red Wings will match the offer sheets to Josh Harding (San Jose) or Ville Leino (Detriot).

Caps GM Kopi The King:

"We are extremely pleased to have added both of these players to our roster. We now have a #1 Goaltender in Josh, who I feel has earned the right to be a #1 Goalie in this league. He will have that shot here, no doubt, right now it's his to lose. He is still very young and has lots of promise, we are ecstatic to have added him to our lineup."

As for Ville Leino... " With Ville, we have added a hard worker with great scoring touch. He plays every shift like it's his last and that's why we went after him, really. If you look at our team we have a relentless group of guys here, so he fits in perfectly. We also feel down the road, giving up that 1st rounder and 3rd rounder in the 2010 draft is going to look like a steal for us, and the same thing goes for Josh (Caps lose their 2nd rounder in 2010). Leino now comes in with a top 6 spot for him to lose. We signed Hossa, so they know eachother from their Detriot days.... so we hope they have built some kind of chemistry from those days and install it here in Washington"

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
The Washington Capitals have been informed that San Jose nor the Detriot Red Wings will match the offer sheets to Josh Harding (San Jose) or Ville Leino (Detriot).

Caps GM Kopi The King:

"We are extremely pleased to have added both of these players to our roster. We now have a #1 Goaltender in Josh, who I feel has earned the right to be a #1 Goalie in this league. He will have that shot here, no doubt, right now it's his to lose. He is still very young and has lots of promise, we are ecstatic to have added him to our lineup."

As for Ville Leino... " With Ville, we have added a hard worker with great scoring touch. He plays every shift like it's his last and that's why we went after him, really. If you look at our team we have a relentless group of guys here, so he fits in perfectly. We also feel down the road, giving up that 1st rounder and 3rd rounder in the 2010 draft is going to look like a steal for us, and the same thing goes for Josh (Caps lose their 2nd rounder in 2010). Leino now comes in with a top 6 spot for him to lose. We signed Hossa, so they know eachother from their Detriot days.... so we hope they have built some kind of chemistry from those days and install it here in Washington"

Not to barge into a game that I'm not part of, but you need your own picks to send offer sheets, doesn't seem like WAS could make 3 OS in one go. What's the compensation for those 2 contracts?

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
Leafs trying to move up in draft

We currently sit with the 8th, 30th, 31st, and 38th pick

oh and about the offer sheet... pretty sure they need to be 2009 brah
-- From Article 10.4,
-- Clubs owing one (1) draft selection must have it available in the next draft.
-- Clubs owing two (2) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft.
-- Clubs owing three (3) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Leafs trying to move up in draft

We currently sit with the 8th, 30th, 31st, and 38th pick

oh and about the offer sheet... pretty sure they need to be 2009 brah

FA period is after the 2009 draft normally. However, my point was:

$863,156 - $1,307,812 = 3rd round pick

$1,307,812 - $2,615,625 = 2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,437 = 1st and 3rd round pick

Josh Harding = 1.8M
Leino = 2.575M

WAS owes 2x 2nd picks which doesn't compute. IT HAS TO BE YOUR OWN PICKS, picks acquired through trade don't apply. simple solution is to bump Leino to 2.75M.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it's a 1st and 3rd now in Kopi's post. I guess the 2.575M is a typo in Tourette's signing post... It'll teach me to mind my own business... :shakehead

Last edited:

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
If someone wants to be Calgary's GM go for it. I have less and less time to spend on this, and plus I will beon a long trip for the next while, making me unable to spend the time necessary to build the Flames into Cup Contenders!!!

But until a replacement is found, I will stay on as GM

Last edited:

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
The Colorado Avalanche have re-signed

- Mike Vernace 3 Year / 1.875 Million (625,000 / Year)
- Jason Bacashihua 1 Year / 0.650 Million (650,000 / Year)
both are two way contracts.

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche are looking to trade a few defensemen.

- Marc-Andre Bergeron - 3 Years / 6.75 million (2.25 Million / Year)
- Ruslan Salei - 1 Years / 3.025 million (3.025 Million / Year)
- Brett Clark - 1 Years / 3.500 million (3.500 Million / Year)

Send me offers, I'm not looking to get a whole lot in return.

hawkeyexp

Feb 23, 2009
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche are looking to trade a few defensemen.

- Marc-Andre Bergeron - 3 Years / 6.75 million (2.25 Million / Year)
- Ruslan Salei - 1 Years / 3.025 million (3.025 Million / Year)
- Brett Clark - 1 Years / 3.500 million (3.500 Million / Year)

Send me offers, I'm not looking to get a whole lot in return.

I work my ass of for Bergeron and you go off and place him on the block? wtf?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad