TourettesGuy's [Offical] Trade Deadline / Free Agency / Draft Day Game!

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
You know i had to do some serious thinking about this one. Turris hasnt evolved like i thought he would, and it was hard to give up Boedker but you gotta give up pieces to get pieces. I was glad to finally find a suitor to take Jovanovski's salary, and fedoruk, eh. It was worth it. If the game continues im going to need to figure out a way to resign nash.
you overpaid...

and no chance Nash would resign in pho .. especially with that D.. ;)

Steve Varmalov

And Then....
Dec 11, 2007
Boulder
You know i had to do some serious thinking about this one. Turris hasnt evolved like i thought he would, and it was hard to give up Boedker but you gotta give up pieces to get pieces. I was glad to finally find a suitor to take Jovanovski's salary, and fedoruk, eh. It was worth it. If the game continues im going to need to figure out a way to resign nash.

Is there any way we could keep this game going for awhile? Maybe play out a season or two.

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Is there any way we could keep this game going for awhile? Maybe play out a season or two.

We can put in a vote and see what everyone wants to do. I wouldn't mind personally.

Also, regarding the draft. It was originally going to be 2 rounds. Now, if we want to play out a season or more we are going to have to keep it like that then because it will just take to long with a full draft.

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Washington Capitals pull off a pair of Blockbuster deals!

Last night there were rumblings about the Caps trading away superstar Alex Semin, well the reality of that is true. Semin, along with Karl Alzner, Dmitri Kugryshev and Jose Theordore have been dealt to the St. Louis Blues. The Caps in exchange bring in dynamic Center Patrick Berglund, who is now going to man the 2nd line. Along with Berglund, the Caps also recieve highly touted prospects Ian Cole and Aaron Palushaj. Steve Wagner was also part of the deal and he is expected to play for the 7th and final D spot on the team.

GM Kopi The King:

"I want to start off by thanking Alexander Semin, Jose Theordore and Karl Alzner for their participation in a great playoff run. Dmitri Kugryshev had no impact on this team, but he was a great kid and has a good head on his shoulders and we wish him the best. The deal was hard for me to make personally because I have tremoundous respect for all 4 players that I dealt. Alexander is coming into his own and is going to be a superstar for many years to come. Karl was ready for the NHL and with the signing of Mike Komisarik we didn't want to leave him as the 7th d man or even the minors. The Kid is ready for a top 4 spot and he deserves it. Jose is an expiring contract and well on that front it just comes down to business."

"As for our new guys, well Patrick is now our 2nd line center and that is something we really needed. He is a great talent and at only 20 years of age, he still has lots of time to develop even further. He is going to be an elite center for years to come. The other 3 kids we picked up stack up our prospect chart. With Cole and Palushaj we can afford to wait and let them develop right. But when they are ready we feel we picked up some players with lots of NHL potential. Wagner is a kid that has paid his dues and is ready for a NHL spot weather it be the 7th spot or higher. We like his upside and he will have every chance to make the roster."

"At the end of the day, it comes down to it being a business deal. We shed lots of salary, But we also pick up a much needed player in Berglund to man the 2nd unit. We also add more assets who we feel have great potential."

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
How much is the Cap.

Well, I am no cap expert, but word of mouth is that the cap is going down this up coming year. But it's just a game and without messing with it to much I'll make it 57 million. It's a tiny tiny slight raise. lol.

cmon make it a full draft. I would love a full draft.

I would love to, but the reality is some people don't get involved to much past the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We can make it 3 rounds at the most, but that's it.

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Capitals and Islanders pull of a deal.

The Caps have sent Michael Nylander, Josh Godfrey and Michal Neuvirth to the New York Islanders in exchange for Manny Fernandez and Richard Park.

GM Kopi the King:

"Once we were able to negotiate with teams about certain deals, my main focus was to get under the cap. But I wanted to bring in players I felt would still help and fill holes we had in our lineup. It was very difficult. We had different discussions with various teams about lots of sceniros. With this deal ofcourse when you look at the numbers it's a deal that sheds us more salary, but we get something we need. That's a backup goalie and an energy player in Park. I wish Nylander, Godfrey and Neuvirth all the best and I welcome our new guys with open arms."

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I like 3 round but we can do 4 round that be great and i taugh it was 58 M the Cap.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I actually taugh it was 58. We should go with the cap of NHL for the upcoming year- so for 09-2010 and I think it s 58. If I m wrong correct me. And I don t have a clue where the thread.

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Crap, our thread has vanished! I'll start a new one and from now on let's keep everything in the new thread. This one becomes obsolete, that way we can all be on the same page and not go back and forth.

Kopi The King

It's baaaaaack!!!
Oct 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Do you want me to post my picks in this thread or the other one?

I put up the new thread once again. From now on let's keep everything on that new thread, trades, picks etc etc. This thread is obsolete from now on people. Again, new thread is up and running, let's all go over there and continue this game. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad