Tough Love: who will be benched 1st by JM?

Who gets benched first by JM?

• Brady

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Stü

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Drake

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Hamonic

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Chabby

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Branny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norris

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No one. Why do you guys want drama? DJ is gone Dorion is gone Melnyk is gone. You guys are just addicted to it now? Can't even give the team and coach one game before starting a thread about nonsense.
Is this a bit? I am not sure.

Hesitated between Stu and Bath. Went with Bath.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Would have said Chabot if he wasn't injured, he's regressed the most under DJ.

Not sure if he'll bench the captain, so going with Stu.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Would have said Chabot if he wasn't injured, he's regressed the most under DJ.

Not sure if he'll bench the captain, so going with Stu.

Doubt its Chabot. His game is so easily fixable compared to a few of the forwards.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I remember Jacques had a thing about not taking shifts longer than a minute. Spezza would remember that. So first one to exceed that maybe. But i dont know about benching. Line juggling a bit maybe

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Its going to be Batherson, it will be funny and everyone will be better off after it happens a couple of times. The guy was playing with no accountability for his mistakes under DJ.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I know I said no one is going to be benched, but thinking about it some more, I think it's going to be Greig. Jacques has little patience for dumb penalties, and so I can see Greig riding the pine for a few shifts if he takes one.

Reactions: Dionysus and Bileur

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Benching for a bit should not only serve as a lesson for the player benched, but as an example for all the other players.

To that end, it would be most beneficial for JM to focus on the leaders of the team first. Once they buy in, the rest of the guys will play the right way without needing to be ‘incentivized’ as much.

The leadership core has to start busting ass in the D zone, but intelligently. It will be glorious to see, finally.

Reactions: LiseL and chipsens

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Benching for a bit should not only serve as a lesson for the player benched, but as an example for all the other players.

To that end, it would be most beneficial for JM to focus on the leaders of the team first. Once they buy in, the rest of the guys will play the right way without needing to be ‘incentivized’ as much.

The leadership core has to start busting ass in the D zone, but intelligently. It will be glorious to see, finally.

I hope this will end up being true. Thing is all players have the ability to backcheck and disrupt some plays. All players have the ability to do that on a consistent basis. It requires effort for the most part and then a system with buy in from the players. Just the effort part will make a difference and that comes with accountability. Players getting rewarded for playing quality 200ft hockey.

When players buy into playing with intensity all over the ice and backchecking, and it shouldn't be too long, this team will be greatly improved.

I know DJ kept saying this team was giving full effort but that doesn't seem true especiallubfor this last roadtrip. This team has no confidence and they just can't seem to commit to playing hockey as a 5 man unit.

I anticipate this team will start playing better right away but does that translate to wins? Let's hope so.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Branny will be the odd man out. Don’t think I ever remember a Dman under 6’ playing for Jacques Martin

Reactions: chipsens

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
It might be surprising who it is. Lol. Who learns faster, who does he expect more from, who does he see more in. It could just be one pp or a couple shifts...is that benching? What about who gets rewarded, not benched? Say everything clicks with Drake, does he get some pk time? Get there and show people you can play all the hockey. What if he sees a Chris Kelly type in Parker Kelly? Does Parker get more attention? He's not just going to coach the core, everybody is going to get some love. Hahhaa.

Reactions: LiseL

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No one. Why do you guys want drama? DJ is gone Dorion is gone Melnyk is gone. You guys are just addicted to it now? Can't even give the team and coach one game before starting a thread about nonsense.

some fans has become gluttons for punishment… they crave it, look forward to it, they mentally manifest it in their expectations, are addicted to it, and get off on it.

1702993206003.gif

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Branny will be the odd man out. Don’t think I ever remember a Dman under 6’ playing for Jacques Martin
Or under 5' 8"

How did he treat Spezza? I wasnt following the team closely at that time
You can't feed Steak to a Baby.

I think the first sign of accountability will be moved off PP1 or off the PP completely, not long term but 1 PP. I would think that means Batherson, Stutzle or Brady.

Reactions: SensHulk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad