Post-Game Talk (GBU): Tough loss

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
thought Sheary played well.

Yeah, I thought he was better than he's been in recent weeks -- got inside for some quality chances, should've drawn a penalty on one rush, won some pucks. Now... can he do it again on the next night? I'd like to see him get some consistency to how dangerous he is from night to night.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
They need a proven 2nd line center but I don't think Botts feels like he has to go trading for one considering this is still a building season. It all depends on whether or not Mitts can turn it around before the deadline, if not maybe the Sabres bring somebody in to fill his spot for a year or two.
I would normally be fine with this reasoning, but allowing a team with a 10 game win streak and a 100 point 1C on his 4th season without playoffs to slide out of the playoffs because of a hole of Jason's creation, and one that wouldn't cost an outrageous amount to adequately fill to make sure that doesn't happen, is utterly unacceptable.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Could we get O'Reilly back and just have him sit on a different bench, use a different locker room, team bus, hotel, plane....?
Its not for him just for the imagination of conflicting story lines

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Miss the Game last night unfortunately, looks like there was a lot of chances both ways and both team didn't finish on, Lets move on AND GO DUCK HUNTING QUACK QUACK BBBIIIITTCCH

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I would normally be fine with this reasoning, but allowing a team with a 10 game win streak and a 100 point 1C on his 4th season without playoffs to slide out of the playoffs because of a hole of Jason's creation, and one that wouldn't cost an outrageous amount to adequately fill to make sure that doesn't happen, is utterly unacceptable.

To be fair it was expected that Bergland was gonna be that man. Didn't work out, and Mitts isn't ready for it. Again if any move happens it's probably gonna be at the deadline.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
To be fair it was expected that Bergland was gonna be that man. Didn't work out, and Mitts isn't ready for it. Again if any move happens it's probably gonna be at the deadline.
If so, that was a pretty bad evaluation of the player Berglund was the last calendar year before the trade. And Mitts' trajectory and production to date should have made clear what he'd be this season.

Botterill has done a very good job in a lot of places, but our 2C situation showed evaluation on par with that which led to the depth acquisitions before the 2017-18 seasons.

You can't get everything right on the first try, but you sure can make moves to fix problems, and I am confident Botterill will do so.

Reactions: sabremike

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
One of the best games the Sabres have played this season. All around. Blaming this on the middle six or Carter Hutton is nuts. Holtby stood on his head, bounces favored the Caps and that was really the difference between the Sabres and the Stanley’s cup champions playing at the top of their game.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
One of the best games the Sabres have played this season. All around. Blaming this on the middle six or Carter Hutton is nuts. Holtby stood on his head, bounces favored the Caps and that was really the difference between the Sabres and the Stanley’s cup champions playing at the top of their game.

Buffalo certainly got lucky on the goal review. Puck was definitely over the line IMO.

Sucks Hutton gave them the game at the end, but they really should have already had the 2-1 lead.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
You take those occasional gaffes and label them as a part of the package. For every one of those, there are about 50 that he handles with perfection and alleviates a lot of the pressure put on the dmen.

I’m not that mad about it. He’s pretty solid with playing the puck.

Deleted member 27798

You take those occasional gaffes and label them as a part of the package. For every one of those, there are about 50 that he handles with perfection and alleviates a lot of the pressure put on the dmen.

I’m not that mad about it. He’s pretty solid with playing the puck.
This 100%. His puck handling skills are not oft mentioned.

Reactions: jBuds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad