Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Lots of chances to win

B:
Hutton's play
Sheary's line overpassing on rushes

U:
I pulled for the Caps to finally win one. Now that they have, they can fall into nothingness. (I'm upset about the way they play, and the reffing of it)

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
G: Sabres dominating just about every statline all night

B: Sabres not finishing on most of the sea of chances they were presented.
Power Play as usual

U: Hutton giving the game away with 5 minutes left.

Better team lost, better goalie won.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
That one hurts, we were playing top class hockey in the third until we tied it. Thought Thompson was a real difference maker at times.

Overall I thought it was one of our very best efforts all year, absolutely loved the D unit.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I knew one day Hutton's fancy stick work was going to bite him in the ass, I just wish it wasn't against the Caps and tied.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
G: Lots of shots, probably the better team tonight.

B: 2nd GAG by pretty much everyone. Very frustrating.

U: Caps fans saying that Dahlin tried to take out their goaltender when he was tripped by a Cap. You can't stop if you're in mid-air guys, I get your frustrated you don't want your goalie going down but relax.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And they got some decent offensive push from some guys who’ve been pretty absent, but they still didn’t wind up scoring.

Reactions: Goathead

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's weird, I think the Sabres were the better team and yet I must have been pissed at every single player tonight at some point

Reactions: Chainshot

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Elie has to go IMO, I am already past my breaking point with our wingers.

Sheary is increasingly frustrating to watch

Okposo just makes me sad, the guy tries as hard as anyone

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Sabres are right where most of us were hoping they'd be this year. They aren't the 10 win streak world beaters they came across as earlier this year... but as much as we want wins, I think most of us will take losses as long as they don't look like dog poo in the process. In that sense, I'm happy with the game tonight. They looked good, against the reigning Cup champs who were bailed out by their starting goaltender.

We've been on the receiving end of some bad puck luck and iffy goaltending the last few games, which you could probably say we were due. We badly need scoring depth.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Eichel line was off all night.
Reinhart was crap.
Skinner couldn’t put a shot on the net.
Hutton killing me with those shit plays with the puck. Don’t know if it’s a communication thing with the D or what.
Can’t win with one goal scored.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Thought the guys played well tonight. Frustrating they couldn't pull out a win in a game where Buffalo controlled play, but it happens. The Sabres are probably 1-2 solid forwards away from being a "good" team. There's just nothing in the middle six right now.

Mittelstadt on a 23pt pace getting 70% OZ starts. It starts w him IMO.

Reactions: Goathead

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Just leaving the team as is will have us on the outside well before the season ends, barring exponential growth from Mittelstadt. The reason is, Kyle and Jason are no longer the useful middle-six forwards they were in October and early November. And since trends (last year) suggest that they don't go through ups and downs, they have their brief time of productivity early on decay into sub-NHL play by April, we have to assume that will happen again. Sheary has gone ghost as Pens fans warned he would, so what we've gotten to this point (plenty of fine play but no game-breaking and long cold stretches) is likely what we'll see through April from him too. Tage and Casey have both shown mild growth from October but they will not be top six NHLers and we are a net top six NHLer down from even last year's pitiful team, though two of the guys are performing much better this season (9&23).

There is nothing about the game we've played for the last little while that suggests a hockey team that can be counted on to win more than 3-4 of every 10 games, and those forwards behind Jack are the reason why.

I know the temptation to have another player in Rochester's 2021-22 season doing for them what Nylander is right now is very high, but getting throttled by the Lightning in round 1 is far more important to our current young players (Jack is in year FOUR) than that is, and I hope Botterill sees that.

Of course, we won't even realistically need to give up a 1st rounder to get meaningful help back there.

It'd be one thing to sit tight if it was "less than ideal" depth scoring. But that's not how I'd describe:
GP: 60
G: 1
A: 1
PTS: 2

From the lines not centered by Eichel or Larsson since we played @ Tampa. The lines responsible for the 2nd and 3rd most ES ice time among our forwards. The lines taking up well over half of the game.

Reactions: Vito_81

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Thought it was one of our better games this year against the Stanley cup champs.Very encouraged by our defence men looks like playoff caliber.Having said that botts has to adjust his chinstrap grow some balls and bring some guys up.This lack of secondary scoring is insane.Sheary,Okposo aren't getting it done and of course we know about sobotka.Nylander,oloffson,Smith,and Bailey can't be worse let's go Botts!!

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I hate to say it but I think Beaulieu might be better than Marco this year
still willing to give Marco the benefit of the doubt based on his track record and hopeful health, if he just needs to be the 6 I think we're good, Blowyou swill always have his moments even if he has been better admittedly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad