Dreger: Torts didnt get brought in for a rebuild. Expect Flyers and Fletcher to "Swing for the Fences" with trades.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Other teams fans seem willing to go with the buy-low therefore they gauge interest. Mostly lowball offers, nothing serious.

Philly fans who expected top 1d play seem ready to give up on him with Sanheim and York in the wings for 1-2 ld punch.

More Philly fans hope for a rebound and are against selling low.

His moody post-season presser didnt help.

He had a rough season and it can get to you. That's all I see. He's a good top 4D in my books and still young. He's got value

Holy crap if we manage to package J. Anderson for the 5th OV and select one of Nemec or Jiricek, HuGo is a going to get a golden statue erected in front of the Bell Centre for life.

Anderson alone does not get it done. Flames 1st and likely another part is required. I value both Anderson and the Flames 1st but it falls short of 5th OA.

What are the Flyers needs?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hayes is atrocious.

I don't agree. Hayes might be overpaid but not by much. When healthy, he is effective up the middle. If I had a contender and had the cap space to add him where he was a need, I'm all over it.

Flyers drowned like the Habs this past year. I would not go on player attack mode.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
A healthy Couturier, Hayes, and Ellis is a good start.

I can see the Flyers rising up back into the playoff picture if they add a few pieces.
Yea I think they will be a bubble team this year if everyone is healthy. But the issue for most Flyer fans is we should be building and picking up picks. Not trading them away for guys like Risto on a 1 year contract and then signing him.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I don't agree. Hayes might be overpaid but not by much. When healthy, he is effective up the middle. If I had a contender and had the cap space to add him where he was a need, I'm all over it.

Flyers drowned like the Habs this past year. I would not go on player attack mode.

I’d trade Hayes for a 7th in 2131 if I was the flyers.

Reactions: Fatass

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
A healthy Couturier, Hayes, and Ellis is a good start.

I can see the Flyers rising up back into the playoff picture if they add a few pieces.

Don’t say this to Flyers fans. The only path to relevancy is to tank and hope.

Never mind that the last two times the flyers actually had a top 5 pick, they were both flops.

Talent can be acquired in many ways - is CF the right person? That can be debated.

Everybody loved Ellis trade when it happened - but now in hindsight it was a waste because people knew he would have a season ending injury 5 games in. Followed by the loss of their 1C, 2C among other top 6, key players.

Look, if you just suck or have bad luck, and happen to get a top 5 pick (like this year) by all means, go for it. But even this year should be an indication also: the flyers drafted worse than their position. Again.

Sorry, but praying for that every year seems worse to me.

Never mind that the last two times the flyers actually had a top 5 pick, they were both flops.

Talent can be acquired in many ways - is CF the right person? That can be debated.

Everybody loved Ellis trade when it happened - but now in hindsight it was a waste because people knew he would have a season ending injury 5 games in. Followed by the loss of their 1C, 2C among other top 6, key players.

Look, if you just suck or have bad luck, and happen to get a top 5 pick (like this year) by all means, go for it. But even this year should be an indication also: the flyers drafted worse than their position. Again.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I totally understand. Fans usually want a contender or a team on the rise with potential or a rebuild where you sell assets to accelerate the rebuild.

However this is a business and management follows direction from the owners. Habs fans are finally happy after asking for a rebuild for like almost 10 years now. Look at how long it took the Leafs to decide to rebuild fully.

Flyers can make a few moves and if they are 100% healthy they can make the playoffs with the "anything can happen" plan. The hard core fans know this is not the best but the bandwagon ones don't. Every fan base has a mixture of fans.

I’d trade Hayes for a 7th in 2131 if I was the flyers.

What are the reasons why you are not happy with him? Can't stay healthy or paid too much? Or both?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yea I think they will be a bubble team this year if everyone is healthy. But the issue for most Flyer fans is we should be building and picking up picks. Not trading them away for guys like Risto on a 1 year contract and then signing him.

Yup, I totally understand. Look at the comment above explaining it.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yup, I totally understand. Look at the comment above explaining it.
Thinking the flyers would only have to tank for more 1-2 years depending on how things go. They need top end talent and to stop signing bottom talent. Get a top pair dman this year and win the draft lottery next year and we are all of a sudden in a good position. This bullshit where we trade our 2022 and maybe 2024 Fla pick is terrible. Can’t happen.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Can I interest you in a slightly used John Carlson? Right the wrong from years ago when Steve Eminger became Carlsons pick from Philly?

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Other teams fans seem willing to go with the buy-low therefore they gauge interest. Mostly lowball offers, nothing serious.

Philly fans who expected top 1d play seem ready to give up on him with Sanheim and York in the wings for 1-2 ld punch.

More Philly fans hope for a rebound and are against selling low.

His moody post-season presser didnt help.
if i were provorov , my post wseason presser would make his look like an episode of barny. i dont blame him a bit for being in a 100% of the time shitty mood.(speculation on me of course) this team, its leadership, coaching, front office, management, and some of the teammates hes played with have been a joke. dont forget, this is a player the team has mentioned there concerns about and have put the blame on none of the issues above, but on players that are not on the team any more or have played 4 games. id be pissed off too. this i think may be his make or break season, and with a (ihopetogod) competent coaching staff, im one of the few people that still have faith in him. all this and not to mention him being constantly thrown out on the pp over and over again, knowing he is shit at it and being asked to do the same thing on the pp over and over despite it not working with him. hes part of a house of cards being build by a strong wind.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00