Post-Game Talk: Toronto's ECHL team destroys the Montreal Canadiens 3-0 (bye bye Hudon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As for Drouin though, I agree, it's stupid to do a tough love approach. The day you trade for him, the day you accept he is an inconsistent effort type of guy. He is a raw skilled top 6 talent, you live with the good and the bad. Was like Kovalev (although he was better), benching him because he is inconsistent in effort was the dumbest thing. Sometimes you need to accept guys aren't going to change, it's just how they play.

I think you do a "whatever it takes that will prop up his value" without compromising the team and then ship him out pronto. If it's a nurturing approach, do that. If it's some other approach, do that. At this point, the Habs need to be able to limit their loss as much as possible.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think you do a "whatever it takes that will prop up his value" without compromising the team and then ship him out pronto. If it's a nurturing approach, do that. If it's some other approach, do that. At this point, the Habs need to be able to limit their loss as much as possible.

I don't know how much value he holds right now..Pretty disappointing first year here.
Last year he choked at the end of the year, 1G 3Pts in last 18GP as the Habs were battling for a POs spot and missed them by a hair. You'd expect some self-reflection over the summer from a guy that's looked at to be one of the best producers up front but then he shows up to camp like he has nothing to prove to himself, so much so that he already had a pep-talk from Ducharme...
I don't know man, it doesn't look or sound good so ya, I'm all for moving him, just not sure where his value is at now.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Is that a rare thing to have scouts attend pre-season games? I don't know if anyone has ever been able to link the presence of a scout to any particular trade. It's the type of fodder that I always see twitter users speculate upon.
I dont see the tweets about scouts in pre season very often just thought it was a little strange especially with the Laine speculation thats all i dont actually expect a trade

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Everyone chill it's normal when you rehab a nostril.
It was his hair. New volumizing shampoo didn't give him enough bounce, he was embarrassed to be seen in public like that but he soldiered on for the team, for the fans, for the city!

Ungrateful bastards.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think we're showing tough love to KK. He's a 19yo sophomore and he'll get his licks. Right now though, just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to open up the entire top 6 for him. Domi comes back from 70+pts as a center, last time someone did that for us was back in 1657. So ya, he'll stay there.
Aside from that, based on his pre-season, he doesn't really deserve to get more ice-time, better linemates, and more offensive opportunities. If anything he might actually struggle to keep up.
There is a chance he did what a lot of kids fall victim to, try to get bigger to quickly and now he has this extra 15lbs he needs to drag with him. He does look slower out there, but let's wait for the season to start first. Hopefully he has another gear.
Danault, well he's got some potential and has an extra year on his contract, if he can pot in another 50ish pts, that's going to be a valuable asset to move. If we gave KK a slot in top 2 instead, it would probably lower Danault's value. I don't want that. I'm hoping we move the guy by next summer. KK can survive another year on the 3rd line.

As for Drouin though, I agree, it's stupid to do a tough love approach. The day you trade for him, the day you accept he is an inconsistent effort type of guy. He is a raw skilled top 6 talent, you live with the good and the bad. Was like Kovalev (although he was better), benching him because he is inconsistent in effort was the dumbest thing. Sometimes you need to accept guys aren't going to change, it's just how they play.

We don't agree often but I agree with this post. Well said

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I stopped watching when we were down 2-0 and Clod had Hudon and Drouin on the PP. Nothing learned from the previous game by Clod at all.............good thing it's just preseason.

What an awful effort by the guys tonight.

Waivers is gonna get interesting...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I don't believe Drouin's trade value will dip below what it is today. So if he is a part we can spare cause we can replace him with a younger option, then I think it's best we wait for the right circumstance. Similar to how we kept onto Galchenyuk for a bit and then were able to do a Domi swap.

If Drouin wants to be a Habs, it's time for him to play with an edge and prove to all of us he has what it takes to get to the next level. I don't think he is playing with confidence and this might be his biggest hurdle to overcome. I want to see the "prove you wrong Drouin" type energy. The guy who was sent down to the AHL by the Lightning where once he finally reported, he bust his ass to show the Lightning what he got. I am not sure he is the type to handle the pressure in Montreal at this point.

Big season for Drouin if he wants to stay in our team core plans. Drouin is at his best when he is in attack mode and he is not playing this way right now. I think he is afraid to make a mistake.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I stopped watching when we were down 2-0 and Clod had Hudon and Drouin on the PP. Nothing learned from the previous game by Clod at all.............good thing it's just preseason.

What an awful effort by the guys tonight.

Waivers is gonna get interesting...

Habs were not the better skating team from what I noticed. If our team is not playing with speed, we are in trouble. I think our team speed will show once we have a more complete roster.

Reactions: BLONG7

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Drouin.. I feel bad for him he tries to have a positive attitude in the media but his play on the ice is the total opposite. oh well. on to the next. what a waste of talent. MB will maybe get a 2nd round for him lol. **MAYBE**
MB will double down on him a few more times..........the new GM will be the one to trade LeFlamme.

Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I dont see the tweets about scouts in pre season very often just thought it was a little strange especially with the Laine speculation thats all i dont actually expect a trade

I think what may have attracted some attention was that the guy attending is a senior scout.

Reactions: habsfan891

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
What did Alzner look like?

Carried by the young Fleury. Had 2-3 chance to take a good shot on the net , instead of trying to shoot it on the goalie and hope for a redirect, he flip it towards the net like he's trying to leave the zone because the whole line is exhausted.
He's faster, but his hands are just not there anymore. He can't make a decent pass to save his life, can't shoot. The worst of it all, he's softer than Mete on the boards.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
From the comments it sounds like several vets decided to play it safe on this game and avoid injuries.

Maybe this team is starting with the injury bug alive and kicking behind the scenes. I've counted/read: Byron, Juulsen, Price, Poehling, who else?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
By being a first year pro playing a position that we are deep in while needing a bit of seasoning despite showing great flashes?

I wonder if anyone would have predicted that Brook would be cut from camp before Fleury, had the question been asked earlier this summer. Fleury as a 2nd year pro, took quite the leap.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wonder if anyone would have predicted that Brook would be cut from camp before Fleury, had the question been asked earlier this summer. Fleury as a 2nd year pro, took quite the leap.
Id say Brook was cut first because CJ is a massive fan of size on d but thats just my opinion could be wrong

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Garbage as per usual he needs to retire and go to europe yesterday or hes going to be riding the ahl bus all year again this year

He will complain when he gets cut again but he’s not going to quit on that nice contract he got. Would cost less if the Habs bought him out next year. Meantime, more of what we saw last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia