Post-Game Talk: Toronto's ECHL team destroys the Montreal Canadiens 3-0 (bye bye Hudon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
What a boring and utterly useless game. Hutchison was better than Lindgren, but Habs' inability to score really came down to the same old problem of lousy shooters. Domi and Petry had chances, but of the ample number of shots, most were unskilled chest-thumpers that accomplish nothing but inflate a goalie's SV%. An actual goal-scorer would be really nice...

Agreed 100 % Caufield can’t come soon enough.. so tired of muffin shots in the goalies chests

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
So I read an news article online that said that Canadiens had a real hard time with fake news... seems they also have a real hard time with fake Leafs (or is it Leaves)...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's not about comparing, it's about holding accountable.
Armia's a plug. He's a bottom 6 player. I expect nothing from him.

Drouin is supposed to be one of our top scorers. If he's not doing anything then we're going to feel it. His disappearing act last year in the back half really hurt us. So funny the way it happened too. He played the best game I've seen a guy play for us in years and then totally went away. Just the weirdest thing.

Seems like he can only dominate against weaker teams. And now not even them...

It's just preseason and we shouldn't read too much into it. But I'd like to have seen more from him coming into this year esp how it ended last season. We'll see how it goes when the games really matter though. Some guys crap the bed in preseason and then do well after. Hopefully that's the case here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia's a plug. He's a bottom 6 player. I expect nothing from him.

Drouin is supposed to be one of our top scorers. If he's not doing anything then we're going to feel it. His disappearing act last year in the back half really hurt us. So funny the way it happened too. He played the best game I've seen a guy play for us in years and then totally went away. Just the weirdest thing.

Seems like he can only dominate against weaker teams. And now not even them...

It's just preseason and we shouldn't read too much into it. But I'd like to have seen more from him coming into this year esp how it ended last season. We'll see how it goes when the games really matter though. Some guys crap the bed in preseason and then do well after. Hopefully that's the case here.

My comment was more about Armia. I don't have anything against him, just how he's used. On a team without Ovechkin and Kuznetsov, or Croby and Malkin, or etc... in your top six, you want your third line to have good offensive punch - i.e. offense by committee instead of from one or two elite lines. So, in our situation, I want Armia on the 4th line. Especially this year when Suzuki, Weal, and perhaps Poehling seem to be ready to step up and contribute.

But Julien keeps Armia chained to KK and he was the most used forward last night, despite not being dangerous offensively and us being down and needing to score to get back back into the game....

As for Drouin. I assume his trade value is close to nill, so I'm just going to see what he does with yet another chance. If he brings his line down, maybe he can join Armia on the 4th line.

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
My comment was more about Armia. I don't have anything against him, just how he's used. On a team without Ovechkin and Kuznetsov, or Croby and Malkin, or etc... in your top six, you want your third line to have good offensive punch - i.e. offense by committee instead of from one or two elite lines. So, in our situation, I want Armia on the 4th line. Especially this year when Suzuki, Weal, and perhaps Poehling seem to be ready to step up and contribute.

But Julien keeps Armia chained to KK and he was the most used forward last night, despite not being dangerous offensively and us being down and needing to score to get back back into the game....

As for Drouin. I assume his trade value is close to nill, so I'm just going to see what he does with yet another chance. If he brings his line down, maybe he can join Armia on the 4th line.
I'm curious to see what Weal does. He's a guy who absolutely tore up juniors and the AHL but just never really found his footing in the NHL. Until last year that is. I thought he played well last year and liked what I've seen so far from him this pre season (especially with Suzuki). Could he be our next Byron type of pickup?

Reactions: Rapala

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm curious to see what Weal does. He's a guy who absolutely tore up juniors and the AHL but just never really found his footing in the NHL. Until last year that is. I thought he played well last year and liked what I've seen so far from him this pre season (especially with Suzuki). Could he be our next Byron type of pickup?

Weal and Cousins are both pretty good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sunday, 4:47PM ...

I'm finally free to watch a game tomorrow night! Yay!

source.gif

What a boring and utterly useless game....

One of those times when one's enthusiasm would have best been curbed.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Lol i meant the earlier one about Montreal being in the mix and for a scout to be at a pre season game would make it seem like our offer is decent or they would have already traded him to Buffalo

Was there ever a credible source linking Montreal to Patrick Laine? I thought it was all just Eklund silliness.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Funny it was easy to take shots at him in jest. But his play has grown on us. He is still essentially another tweener. MB is a magnet for them.

Reactions: DangerDave

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So I read an news article online that said that Canadiens had a real hard time with fake news... seems they also have a real hard time with fake Leafs (or is it Leaves)...

Yeah, pretty sure habs define fake news as anything that doesn't fit with the PR's party line.

"Drouin had a horrible game!"

Fake news!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Cousins and Weal are a notch above the others. Add Thompson and it's looking dire for the rest of the crew save Suzuki.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Agreed 100 % Caufield can’t come soon enough.. so tired of muffin shots in the goalies chests
Try watching good teams that groom and deploy dynamic players with mega skills.

Having to constantly watch the current Canadiens would be like being in hockey jail. ;)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He is just incapable of playing the current NHL game. His brain is so auto-programmed to go D-to-D or high off the glass. He's a 2008 defenceman. He has no clue how to use lateral movement and quick feet to create lanes and go north-south on the fly.
No wonder Bergevin loves him.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
True. Once you get past the spin, Weal is rounding into a solid pickup.

Would hate to circle back on what has already been said -- but there is a whirlwind of support in respect of Weal. We may not have to get through too many hoops to be able to assert this.

Reactions: Lshap

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
He is just incapable of playing the current NHL game. His brain is so auto-programmed to go D-to-D or high off the glass. He's a 2008 defenceman. He has no clue how to use lateral movement and quick feet to create lanes and go north-south on the fly.

That's an interesting take for sure.

Reactions: Tim Wallach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad