Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs. Detroit | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
We can make jokes, but I do think Kindl will be better under Blashill. How much better? Well that is tough, but I think we get the confident contract seeking Kindl a heck of a lot more. Curious if his trust in Blashill means he will receive the you need to be more consistently physical a little better.

I'm not sure I really get this. Has he ever played under Blashill, apart from some GR conditioning stints or something? Or when Blashill was AC in Detroit? Where is this trust coming from?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm not sure I really get this. Has he ever played under Blashill, apart from some GR conditioning stints or something? Or when Blashill was AC in Detroit? Where is this trust coming from?

Kindl was buying in pretty heavily over the summer, talking about that conditioning stint. He as the one overly excited to be with him, read his interviews that is where that comes from. Maybe he will become just as downtrodden when Blashill demands more from him at times.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Can't wait for tomorrow night. For me hockey doesn't start until the Wings play their first regular season game. LGRW!!

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
I can't wait to see how green looks tomorrow. Didn't get to see any but one preseason game he was in this year and really curious how he is gonna look on our backend. Having Danny not on his line kinda scares me but if green gets rejuvenated by being in a different environment. He could be a game changer for us this season I believe.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Anyone else going to the game want to start a 'buy the Lions' chant?

I'll be there. section 211b with a buddy of mine. My first home opener. where are you? I'll either be rockin a Zetterberg jersey or Fedorov russian Magnitagorsk jersey

WooPigSooie

Wings & Wild
Oct 10, 2013
Little Rock, AR
Alright hockey is back .. Let's DO THIS..

LEEEEEEEEROY JEEENKINS!!
1KnnDX.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Words can't describe how excited I am for this game.

Can't wait to get heckled by all the Pens fans in my Wings gear at the bar later :laugh:. They're fun to troll.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wonder if Toronto will benefit from having already played a game. They could be a bit more comfortable out there while we're trying to get going. The start will be important.

Really excited to see how this team looks.. rarely do we ice a lineup with so much depth as well as potential for growth.

Actual Thought*

I wonder if Toronto will benefit from having already played a game. They could be a bit more comfortable out there while we're trying to get going. The start will be important.

Really excited to see how this team looks.. rarely do we ice a lineup with so much depth as well as potential for growth.

I expect Toronto to bring it. They will be structured and disciplined. I have no idea what to expect from Detroit. It should be interesting.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Don't worry, we have no one that can score.

We outplayed Montreal on Wednesday, and deserved to win, but we just can't score. Our only goal came from a Kadri shot/pass that hit JVR as he was battling in front and went in :laugh:

Can't wait to see you guys tonight.

Hopefully the Toronto-Detroit rivalry picks it up this season

Cheers

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Me too. Absolutely love the forward group, I think they will be a lot of fun to watch this season. And that's even without Larkin. He's the cherry on the sundae :)

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

We outplayed Montreal on Wednesday, and deserved to win, but we just can't score. Our only goal came from a Kadri shot/pass that hit JVR as he was battling in front and went in :laugh:

Cheers

heh seen that movie hundreds times. some of your fan may not like Babcock's style but when executed well it's very tough system to crack for any team. one problem is offensively it's not the most creative system in the world and can grind on players over 82 game schedule. still there's no doubt it works and it is going to change the way leafs fans see the hockey.

hopefully the rivalry doesn't pick up anytime soon. because you guys need to rebuild and we got a cup to win

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I expect Toronto to bring it. They will be structured and disciplined. I have no idea what to expect from Detroit. It should be interesting.

based on what ive read, it's going to be a very very tough game. it seems leafs players are willing to go through a wall to get Babcock his first win tonight in detroit.

still it's not like Wings aren't going to be prepared so I'm very excited about how they will clash

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Cheers
Yeah I watched that game and Toronto looked solid. Would expect nothing less of a Babcock-coached team. Lack of scoring/finish could be a big problem for you guys though, but that's a problem most teams have against Montreal/Price. Wings defense, without Dekeyser, and Jimmy Howard are not as hard to crack. So it will say a bit more about the Leafs actual offensive capabilities. And with the Wings icing 3 scoring lines the Leafs defense will be tested too. Should be fun, best of luck to you guys this season (hope you get that #1 pick ;) )

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'll be there. section 211b with a buddy of mine. My first home opener. where are you? I'll either be rockin a Zetterberg jersey or Fedorov russian Magnitagorsk jersey

I'll be in section 110. I'll probably be wearing my black ice Datsyuk jersey.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Toronto will be ready, but you better believe that Blashill and the Wings want to beat Babcock just as bad, especially at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad