Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs. Detroit | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Enough off season ********, let's get this show on the road.

Projected Lineup:

Larkin - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Tatar - Richards - Nyquist
Jurco/Pulkkinen - Sheahan - Franzen
Miller - Glendening - Ferraro/Cleary :)cry:)

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Green
Smith - Cleary (???)

Howard
Mrazek

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Enough off season ********, let's get this show on the road.

Projected Lineup:

Jurco/Pulkkinen - Sheahan - Franzen
Miller - Glendening - Ferraro/Cleary :)cry:)

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Green
Smith - Cleary (???)

Howard
Mrazek

Heard they were double shifting Cleary at forward and defense.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Pulkkinen - Sheahan - Franzen
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Green
Smith - Jensen/XO

Mrazek
Howard

Should be this, any injuries and Jurco moves up, Cleary retires

Pumped to get some hockey going

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You guys are thinking about this all wrong.

You know having Cleary in the lineup will distract Babs to no end, take his mind off the game. He'll screw up the matchups, he'll subconsciously put the hardest competition against Cleary because he's afraid of the imaginary threat and that'll free up our 3 scoring lines to play.

That said, Larkin 1+1 imo. It's happening.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pulkkinen - Sheahan - Franzen
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Green
Smith - Jensen/XO

Mrazek
Howard

Should be this, any injuries and Jurco moves up, Cleary retires

Pumped to get some hockey going

They really need to stop taking penalties if they ice that lineup though. Not much in the way of PK.

Larkin, Gator, Miller, Sheahan and Glendening (probably double shifts) would be your pk. Which could be fine, but you start running into 4 or 5 penalties and we could be in big trouble, especially with DK out on the back-end...

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
They really need to stop taking penalties if they ice that lineup though. Not much in the way of PK.

Larkin, Gator, Miller, Sheahan and Glendening (probably double shifts) would be your pk. Which could be fine, but you start running into 4 or 5 penalties and we could be in big trouble, especially with DK out on the back-end...

Abby's PKed before. Was he bad at it? I can't remember.

Kronner and Ericsson and Smith PK. Obviously DD is injured so...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Abby's PKed before. Was he bad at it? I can't remember.

Kronner and Ericsson and Smith PK. Obviously DD is injured so...

I had Gator (Abby or Abdelkader), I think he is okay at it. Scored the big shorty against Anaheim in the playoffs a couple years back.

I am just saying we take pretty frequent penalties to the degree I see Ferraro or Andersson drawing in over one of Pulkkinen or Jurco.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wouldn't be the end of the world to see Nyquist and Tatar take some PK shifts.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
PKing is one of the easiest things to do. I'm sure we will be fine this year. Our PP should be tops in the league again too.

I'm not worried about special teams, ES is where this team may struggle at times.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
PKing is one of the easiest things to do. I'm sure we will be fine this year. Our PP should be tops in the league again too.

I'm not worried about special teams, ES is where this team may struggle at times.

If PKing is easy, why do some PKs suck?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Even if you think it's easy (I don't), it's still usually a better choice to put guys like Miller, Glenny, Andersson, Ferraro etc. out on the PK instead of Larkin/Z/Dats/Nyquist/Tatar/etc. The less you have to play your best players on the PK, the more you can play them ES and on the PP. The less they are out on the PK blocking shots, the less the risk is of them suffering injuries.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Even if you think it's easy (I don't), it's still usually a better choice to put guys like Miller, Glenny, Andersson, Ferraro etc. out on the PK instead of Larkin/Z/Dats/Nyquist/Tatar/etc. The less you have to play your best players on the PK, the more you can play them ES and on the PP. The less they are out on the PK blocking shots, the less the risk is of them suffering injuries.

I agree with you. I'd rather have bottom of the roster players on the PK, but if some skilled players have to PK, I'm not too worried. As long as D and Z don't PK, I don't mind anyone else on the team doing it.

I don't think our PK is going to be a problem this year. I'm more concerned about this team at ES.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If PKing is easy, why do some PKs suck?

The system, the goalie. I believe Babcock himself said the most important guy on the PK is the goalie. I agree. I think those are more important than the players. I really don't think our players are some kind of PK wizards. They got coached into a better system and we had, generally, a couple of good goalies last season.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
That offensive firepower is just stupid, and that's without our best player.

Is Larkin on the wing with Zetterberg at centre? I would have figured they'd put Zetterberg on the wing with Larkin at centre.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That offensive firepower is just stupid, and that's without our best player.

Is Larkin on the wing with Zetterberg at centre? I would have figured they'd put Zetterberg on the wing with Larkin at centre.
I think Z should at least be taking faceoffs. May be a bit much to put a 19 year old kid at #1C in his first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad