Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs. Detroit | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Given how the Leafs played last night, I doubt the game will be a cake walk for the Wings. The Leafs were rather organized, and overall looked a lot better than in a very long time.

They looked pretty good. Price won it. As usual. It was definitely Babcock hockey.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Given how the Leafs played last night, I doubt the game will be a cake walk for the Wings. The Leafs were rather organized, and overall looked a lot better than in a very long time.

Hoping to see Larkin bang in a few. :handclap:

Yeah, the Leafs actually looked solid. Other than Price, I think Detroit is a much better team than Montreal though, so I expect a win tonight. I haven't seen the lineups, but I assume Reimer will be starting for Toronto with Bernier playing last night.

Would be great too see Larkin get on the board. I'll be more than happy with just an assist :D

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Be interesting to see if Babs trys to match when he can Kadri's line on Z's. I don't think he will though Z usually eats Kadri up for breakfast. Granted we have last change but we all remember the fire wagon changes after the puck is cleared to match heavy vs real gud.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Man, I woke up this morning all excited thinking the game was tonight but I forgot it's tomorrow :cry:

Feels like an eternity since I've last watched Red Wings regular season games.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
So Smith-Kindl is the 3rd pairing?

car-wreck-one.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kindl-Smith

The hero chart all-star pairing :)

On a serious note, I could see it not being that bad.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
On paper Kindl-Smith sounds like it'll be a train wreck but I remember seeing them together a couple times last season and they surprisingly work OK together from what I remember. It's like their brains (or lack thereof) are on similar wavelengths.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Garbage?

Sarcasm?

Or like 2nd best powerplay in the league last year garbage?
It's obvious the only reason it wasn't #1 is that Smith wasn't on it. The same Smith who is supposedly a disaster if he plays with anyone except Kronwall or Dekeyser.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'dlike to see

Kindl - Green (off.zone pair)

Smith - Quincey (hybrid secondary pair for both zones)

Kronwall - Ericsson (shut-down def.zone pair)

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
It's obvious the only reason it wasn't #1 is that Smith wasn't on it. The same Smith who is supposedly a disaster if he plays with anyone except Kronwall or Dekeyser.

Hahah right! I didn't even think about that. Plus if you aren't first you're last. I forgot about that part.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'dlike to see

Kindl - Green (off.zone pair) Wow, let's hope they stay in the offensive zone!:help:

Smith - Quincey (hybrid secondary pair for both zones) Never been tried before, could work well together.:sarcasm:

Kronwall - Ericsson (shut-down def.zone pair) Now that's just a waste of Kronwall's offensive abilities, second only to Green on the team.

Seems like Kronwall-Ericsson, Quincey-Green, and Smith-Marchenko would be the best group until DK gets back. But maybe with playing time Kindl can raise his value enough to garner some interest. Or maybe I'll just buy a lottery ticket.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We can make jokes, but I do think Kindl will be better under Blashill. How much better? Well that is tough, but I think we get the confident contract seeking Kindl a heck of a lot more. Curious if his trust in Blashill means he will receive the you need to be more consistently physical a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad