Pre-Game Talk: Toronto vs. Detroit | 7:30 PM ET | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
heh seen that movie hundreds times. some of your fan may not like Babcock's style but when executed well it's very tough system to crack for any team. one problem is offensively it's not the most creative system in the world and can grind on players over 82 game schedule. still there's no doubt it works and it is going to change the way leafs fans see the hockey.

hopefully the rivalry doesn't pick up anytime soon. because you guys need to rebuild and we got a cup to win

Judging by the 1st game, we love his style...we owned the possesion stats and outshot the Habs....but as stated before, we just don't have any finish. Good luck tonight guys.:handclap:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't mind it. Kindl can be productive on the PP

It's just.... 6 million for Green when he's just being used on 2nd pair and 2nd PP seems odd.

Green is a superior PP player, not sure why he'd not QB'ing a top unit.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's just.... 6 million for Green when he's just being used on 2nd pair and 2nd PP seems odd.

Green is a superior PP player, not sure why he'd not QB'ing a top unit.

I would assume Blash wants him to lead the second unit so both units have a good chance of scoring.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would assume Blash wants him to lead the second unit so both units have a good chance of scoring.

Right, but you flop Kronwall and Green and you still accomplish that, while having the better offensive player on the top unit.

We'll see. Nothing is set in stone.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Right, but you flop Kronwall and Green and you still accomplish that, while having the better offensive player on the top unit.

True. Honestly it doesn't really matter to me. I like that there is one good QB on each unit. Now all we need is to get Pulks in the line up to see how he can handle the PP on a consistent basis.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

We'll see. Nothing is set in stone.

I think over time Green will get more looks on the first PP.

Might as well stick with guys who are more familiar on the first unit. Chemistry is good to have on the powerplay.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think over time Green will get more looks on the first PP.

Might as well stick with guys who are more familiar on the first unit. Chemistry is good to have on the powerplay.

I do too. Just surprising that with the contract he got he wasn't given it from the start to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel the same way. But it allows Mule to snipe and avoid physical contact in the net front role.

Franzen is a also great passer, IMO. Sees the ice very well on the PP. Does a good job of finding soft spots too.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Thinking of pizza for the first game. Maybe some wings as well.

I think everyone is. Making some killer srircha wings and making a fully loaded pizza. Adult beverages may also be consumed. Or rather a couple ginger ales!

That stuff will kill you. This is where its at!

PICT0066.JPG

bottled-bottle-water-5127797.jpg

:handclap::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad