Post-Game Talk: Toronto vs Canadiens pre-season game opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
The biggest disappointment to me in this game was by far Ghetto. He lost lot of points yesterday imo.

Everyone can have an off game. Judging someone off of one game is shortsighted. Not saying Im in love with Ghetto, though ... just that a decision should be based off of more than 1 game.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
As I've said before, I hope he gets 20-30 games this season from game 1, every day. He has to be given a stretch to prove himself. It seems that we have too many D, so moving Gilbert or Emelyn with another prospect for some futures of scoring could be good. Tinordi has to have the opportunity to play, as do the other young ones (Beaulieu, Pateryn), and so a veteran is probably our best bargaining chip.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Everyone can have an off game. Judging someone off of one game is shortsighted. Not saying Im in love with Ghetto, though ... just that a decision should be based off of more than 1 game.

Unfortunately, it sometimes takes one bad game to determine your role on the team. Especially when it comes to the prospects trying to crack the line-up. If Ghetto has another game like that? He'll be in Saint John's.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
As I've said before, I hope he gets 20-30 games this season from game 1, every day. He has to be given a stretch to prove himself. It seems that we have too many D, so moving Gilbert or Emelyn with another prospect for some futures of scoring could be good. Tinordi has to have the opportunity to play, as do the other young ones (Beaulieu, Pateryn), and so a veteran is probably our best bargaining chip.

And what if we find out after trading a dman and giving Tinordi 20 or 30 games that he can't cut it? Basically then we have to go and find another dman for the one we just traded. We do not need to trade any damn at this point, basically Tinordi makes it as the 7- 8 guy or he gets sent down, if we see he can cut it as a number 5 or 6 by the trade deadline then and only then can we afford to trade another dman.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
And what if we find out after trading a dman and giving Tinordi 20 or 30 games that he can't cut it? Basically then we have to go and find another dman for the one we just traded. We do not need to trade any damn at this point, basically Tinordi makes it as the 7- 8 guy or he gets sent down, if we see he can cut it as a number 5 or 6 by the trade deadline then and only then can we afford to trade another dman.

Trade both and get Hamhuis.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Seat fillers until patches return is my guess.

Sure, it's just, why not Fleischmann, or any other winger who would seem at least a bit less random (even Eller would have been less random, lol)? I mean, and correct me if I'm wrong, Flynn is a right-handed center "by trade", right? :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad