Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boston can't skate with Tampa.

I think we see Halak for game 1.

Boston didn't even dress Bergeron or Marchand so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the results.. Bruins didn't take this game seriously, more like resting players to get ready for Leafs.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Boston didn't even dress Bergeron or Marchand so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the results.. Bruins didn't take this game seriously, more like resting players to get ready for Leafs.

Tampa Bay didn't have Point or Hedman in the lineup themselves.

This isn't the first Tampa/Boston game I've watched this Season. They've had trouble keeping up with Tampa all Season long. At least that's been the case in the several games I've seen.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tampa Bay didn't have Point or Hedman in the lineup themselves.

This isn't the first Tampa/Boston game I've watched this Season. They've had trouble keeping up with Tampa all Season long. At least that's been the case in the several games I've seen.

Stylistically our Leafs do match up better against TB than Boston.

Boston doesn't rely on a speed/skilled game, they're among the best defensive teams, and try and shutdown and neutralize the attack of the opposition, and use their elite #1 line and a top PP to provide the offense or counter attack.

While teams like TB and Toronto attempt to play offense the Bruins counter with defense first and quick transition jumping on mistakes. I don't think their goal is to try and skate with fast/skilled teams, more disrupt and slow it down to their level.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
One thing we need to address is our breakouts. Too many times we get the puck to the line but not out. Forwards need to give the D easy outlets.

Reactions: Cobra777

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I find it weird that so many are pessimistic and saying that we don't have a chance, while pointing at things that were exactly the same last season when they needed a third period comeback in game seven to beat us.

We're the same type of team, Boston is built the same way. Our issues are the same, but to a lesser degree. So why expect such drastically different results?

I absolutely think we can take it to seven again, after being hit out of the building, rely on elite and amazing goaltending to keep us in the series, and then implode in the third period when it matters... if that helps.

The fact is this team did very little to address toughness and now head into the playoffs as one of softest teams in the postseason.

When the blame arrives, and it will, it should be on roster construction. This mentality that soft skill wins Cups is pretty wrong. Muzzin was the only good step forward in that department. Tavares as well. We need more.

This offseason should be fun.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
These last few games have made me feel much better. The Give a F meter was moving, and I hope to see a very motivated and hungry team Thursday.

You don’t get to be that good without a competitive drive inside of you.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

So now we know what Matthews and Kadri will face if the Tavares line matches the Bergeron line.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Kadri - - Matthews - - Kapanen
Hyman - - -Tavares- - - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Johnsson
Ennis - Gauthier - Moore/Brown

Rielly - - - Hainsey
Muzzin - Gardiner
Dermott - Zaitsev​

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Bostons Team Roster

Marchand -Bergeron- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -Krejci- Senyshyn
Johansson -Coyle- kuhlamn
Blidh -Frederic- Backes

Acciari S. Kuraly D. Heinen

Chara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk -Clifton
Moore- krug

Lauzon S. Kampfer Carlo

Rask

If we shut down the top line of Boston we can win this series quickly.

Guessed at Bostons lineup ...please advise to make it more accurate

You missed Carlo and Miller on D. Gryz is the #7, Moore is the #8.

For forwards, Senyshyn, Frederic and Blidh for sure won't play. They were just callups.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Kulhman
Johansson-Coyle-X
Y-Nordstrom-Wagner

And Backes and Heinen fill in those spots, and they could still move Pastrnak down to the Krejci line.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
kadri shut down bergeron last. yr so why not double down that again

but who would his linemates be

A difference might be that Kadri isn't the 2C this time around. The Bergeron line is obviously going to be leaned on a lot again.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So is Babcock going to strategize outside the box for this series or is he gonna end up trying to force his regular strategy from last year and try to make it work?

I'll tell ya right now, that stretch pass garbage is not going to work against Boston. We got forced into dump and chase last year and got subsequently wrecked.

I swear he still thinks he has Nik Lidstrom in the lineup lazering up 60 foot passes straight on the tape.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I would like Hyman Kadri Brown as their shutdown line..
Hyman can forecheck in the O zone and waste time down there...Kadri hits..and brown is a diligent checker.
They won't get any offense from that line but don't need any.

Reactions: Leaf Lander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad