Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Toronto has to play responsible hockey. Stay out of the box and make sure you're not cheating the defensive end.

That being said, realize who you are. Leafs has as much skill as anyone and need to play to their strengths. Outscore these guys. Find a way to win.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Okay guys whats your predictions. I don't want to hear Bruins in 4, they are too big, and Leafs are soft.
I want to see predictions from the actual rational fans.

Leafs in 6

It's going to be tough and even series but Tavares and Muzzin are going to make a real difference imo

We've got depth throughout the lineup and were going to be tough to matchup up against from a Boston POV, also our bottom D pair is significantly better so we can spread the minutes around better and ease the pressure on the top pair unlike last playoffs

I believe that's really going to help

Reactions: saltming

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I'll be living and breathing hockey the next two weeks . . . taking my son to tryouts all next week (and hopefully don't have to go to tryouts the next week after that! :nod: ) and luckily most of those skates end just as the Leafs game will begin, so it's gonna rock.
Going to have to pack both our Leaf jerseys in his hockey bag, lol.
Good luck to your son make the team at tryouts.

Reactions: slozo

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I know I was so outraged. I was like what do your video guys do all game long? Must've had their fingers in their nose.
could have been looking at an entirely different game and subsequently a different series had that been challenged and called back.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Leafs in 6

It's going to be tough and even series but Tavares and Muzzin are going to make a real difference imo

We've got depth throughout the lineup and were going to be tough to matchup up against from a Boston POV, also our bottom D pair is significantly better so we can spread the minutes around better and ease the pressure on the top pair unlike last playoffs

I believe that's really going to help

I really hope you are right.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Challenge for all Leaf fans. Let’s keep all negative thoughts comments until the series is over. Post positives.

Let’s fill this forum with positive posts so that every fan base can see what Leaf fans are truly about!

Best and only way to do that IMO is to avoid threads on game day. I am planning to just watch and not comment on those days at all.

We give up the first goal? "Game over"
Lose the first game? "Series is over"

Reactions: mikeyz

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Challenge for all Leaf fans. Let’s keep all negative thoughts comments until the series is over. Post positives.

Let’s fill this forum with positive posts so that every fan base can see what Leaf fans are truly about!

It's a good team that has not truly come together this season. You can argue at the start they did but it wasn't pretty hockey in then purest sense.

If the choose now to come together, get some luck and solid play from Freddy, they can win it all. They can beat TB.

Reactions: AreBe

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Best and only way to do that IMO is to avoid threads on game day. I am planning to just watch and not comment on those days at all.

That sounds about right.

I am probably not going to post on here unless we’re winning. And definitely NOT because I am a “fair weather, front runner fan”

It’s because I don’t want to see all of the negativity.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
upload_2019-4-9_12-27-19-png.211283

Leafs need to be relentless on the forecheck. Back them into a corner.
giphy.gif

Do we have any kinda forecheck though?
Other than Hyman and maybe Moore, I can't recall anyone being a good forechecker from our roster.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Leafs in seven. Think the two playoff rematches (VGK-SJ being the other) will be the most competitive series.

Would be great to bank a win in Game 1, but I'd take a series split going back to Toronto regardless of which of the first two games they win. Would like not to tempt fate again by using up all of the available losses by the conclusion of Game 4. 3-1 is a tough deficit to fully claw back from.

Adding Tavares slots Matthews and Kadri differently from a postseason ago. Muzzin does the same for at least a couple of blueliners. Have to hope the lesser playoff experienced guys on the team are even hungrier now and the playoff veterans are still hungry to return to the level of success they've previously had. Get the lead, protect the lead. Fingers crossed they're better equipped to do that this time around.

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Do we have any kinda forecheck though?
Other than Hyman and maybe Moore, I can't recall anyone being a good forechecker from our roster.
Hyman, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander all force a lot of turnovers on the forecheck, according to The Point. You don't have to be physical to be good on the forecheck. You need to close fast, which forces them to make a decision before they are comfortable and takes away options they might have preferred.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I still don’t understand why everyone still thinks the Bruins are so tough and strong. It’s 2019 not 2011. I suppose stereotypes are hard to kill but we also play them 4 times a year. You would think people would have it figured out by now. I’m not worried about their physicality I’m worried about their first line and powerplay.

Should be fun. Their transition game is not that impressive. Defencemen like Muzzin Reilly and Dermott that step up in the neutral zone/opposing blue line should have a huge impact.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

I seldom go to game day threads as it is just filled with nonsense.

I believe we win at least the first two series. Our strengths match up against those two teams weaknesses. Tampa is in for a series it is no given that they win their first series. They should but their opponents have been playing playoff hockey for a month.

Reactions: bax

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What do we actually have..

Hy JT Marn
AJ Mat Ny

That's two first lines in my books.

Mar Kad Kap

Easily a second line if Kadri Kap and Mar get going.

Ennis Goat Brown

It's a 4th line but when they play well it's a 3rd line.

The D... Absolutely contender worthy. I have no issue.

Freddy is a boss.

Basically I love the players on the team. I think if they actually come together and play hard, stick up for each other with Freddy being hot, they go as far as they want. TB is the biggest test.

Reactions: AreBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad