Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

This is not a complaint, whine, gotcha, or anything in between..just a genuine question because I don't know the answer and am curious if anyone here does know it.

Are the practice rules specific to the suspension? Like is it something where they clarify "You're suspended for 6 games and cannot participate in games or practices", "You're suspended 3 games but can practice", etc.

I recall Voynov practicing with the Kings and them getting punished for it because he was suspended but I also think I've seen suspended players practicing with their teams in the past as well and obviously this.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs need to win game #4 to gain the upper hand and to end this win one lose one pattern. Otherwise its a best of three and the Bruins will take game #7 again.
Even if Toronto did lose tomorrow night and obviously non of us want to see that happen. They already won Game 1 in Boston, so there is no reason they can not win Game 5 on the road and come back with a 3-2 series lead for Game 6 in Toronto. Obviously it's better for the Leafs to win tomorrow and go up 3-1, so let's hope that happens.

Reactions: Slot

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
This is not a complaint, whine, gotcha, or anything in between..just a genuine question because I don't know the answer and am curious if anyone here does know it.

Are the practice rules specific to the suspension? Like is it something where they clarify "You're suspended for 6 games and cannot participate in games or practices", "You're suspended 3 games but can practice", etc.

I recall Voynov practicing with the Kings and them getting punished for it because he was suspended but I also think I've seen suspended players practicing with their teams in the past as well and obviously this.

On-ice suspensions permit participation in practices.

Off-ice suspensions (i.e. Voynov) are the opposite. You can't participate in practices.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I am glad they are supporting Kadri. Yes he made a stupid mistake, and I do not condone his actions, but I think they also realized DeBrusk was running around trying to hurt people... but Kadri get's called a goon lol

Even the league realized the refs were stupid, and I feel that factored into the suspension length.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Nice. I have been thinking about kind of the same way. Assume Kadri tweeked his knee on that dirty hit.
The force Debrusk's face generated from pushing Kadri's stick jammed his wrists. Blame that damn DeBrusk and his hard face

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I am glad they are supporting Kadri. Yes he made a stupid mistake, and I do not condone his actions, but I think they also realized DeBrusk was running around trying to hurt people... but Kadri get's called a goon lol

Even the league realized the refs were stupid, and I feel that factored into the suspension length.

You know what! His teammates are all over him and laughing at him about how much money he lost this timr ha. Thats about it from a locker room perspective.

He's getting laughed at hard, but Marleau knows this guy has his back, so Marleau appreciation goes, i think i will taunt him about how much money he got hit for this time ha. ;)

Then he says, hey coach, maybe naz can lead the stretches since he's not doing anything else haha

Reactions: DanM

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
All you need to know is every time the Leafs win Jim Hughson cries himself to sleep at night. he is truly one of the worst I ever seen in hockey. He sucks even more than his wet dream, the Canucks, who will be garbage for years to come.

Ahhh I don't know about that!!! The Canucks are building a nice core out there...

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
And they will need to tank just to get close to what we have. They need Demkos to pan out and still they don't have what Toronto has. Bottom line they suck and he needs to be reminded of that every single time. Im from Vancouver and Hughson is the kind of guy everyone beat up in high school and all the women ran from. He is a world class weiner and a brown noser.

Leafs Fan in Boston

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all,
Leafs fan here who recently moved to Boston. Anyone know of any sports bars in Boston where Leafs fan gather to watch games? Would rather not be the only one wearing a Leafs jersey at my local sports bar tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad