Post-Game Talk: Toronto verses Detroit - Oct 2nd @ 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I guess Babcock wanted to load up on the vets to try and get a better performance from them. Has basically ripped them up enough that the guys playing tonight should hopefully play like they give a damn.

Who knows if that will lead to any reasonable effort, but we will see. Probably would have liked to see more Nylander though :).

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Hope Panik has a good game. Really like him when he is playing well so I hope he doesn't get himself waived.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm actually excited to see Larkin play for the Red Wings.

He's quite the talent and even though he'll likely go to the AHL, he's going to make their decision hard right to the end.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If nylander plays with the big club from the trade deadline through to the end of the season will he still be eligible for the calder next season?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
On the one hand, i want to see all the young guys play together on the Marlies this year and build chemistry. On the other hand, we can't have everyone being a rookie at the same time ... and there are several players on the big club who are clearly less good than the ones who could fill their spots from the Marlies.

If age is the Bias, still, Loov should be playing in the NHL this year over Robidas or Polak at the very least. He's 22 years old and has 2 pro seasons under his belt. One of them in the SHL. He has looked great all camp. One more top-4 guy is needed to solidify, and he's right there... a ready made top-4.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
On the one hand, i want to see all the young guys play together on the Marlies this year and build chemistry. On the other hand, we can't have everyone being a rookie at the same time ... and there are several players on the big club who are clearly less good than the ones who could fill their spots from the Marlies.

If age is the Bias, still, Loov should be playing in the NHL this year over Robidas or Polak at the very least. He's 22 years old and has 2 pro seasons under his belt. One of them in the SHL. He has looked great all camp. One more top-4 guy is needed to solidify, and he's right there... a ready made top-4.

You'd likely want to start Loov off on the bottom pairing to ease him in. Problem is we have Percy, Harrington, Loov, and Marcinin who could all realistically start off there. I wish one of them was a righty.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
^^^

Big improvement in the lines IMO. Happy to see Bozak and JVR split up.

Jayler's broken up??!!!? TMZ never said anything.. That's too bad, they were such a cute couple/

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007

Personally I'd swap KK and Winnik and give the kid a shot with Kadri since it seems that Babs wanted Nylander and Marner to develop chemistry before Mitch was cut, seems like a reasonable spread of talent to me. But we'll see how tonight goes, hoping JVR and Naz show they can carry the offense!

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
What is Andrew Campbell's status? Has he been assigned to the Marlies already? He signed an NHL deal but hasn't played in a preseason game has he?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What is Andrew Campbell's status? Has he been assigned to the Marlies already? He signed an NHL deal but hasn't played in a preseason game has he?

He has played one (or two?) game and he will be waived in the next round of cuts.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Personally I'd swap KK and Winnik and give the kid a shot with Kadri since it seems that Babs wanted Nylander and Marner to develop chemistry before Mitch was cut, seems like a reasonable spread of talent to me. But we'll see how tonight goes, hoping JVR and Naz show they can carry the offense!

JMHO but I was thinking before camp that Kadri-JVR-Winnik is a good fit in theory. I think that could be our #1 line this season.

I don't usually think much about line combos so take it FWIW. I just think Kadri and JVR are our 2 most talented forwards. After that there's a huge drop talent wise, may as well put someone with them that works hard and has a bit of grit as JVR is somewhat lacking in the grit dept.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He has played one (or two?) game and he will be waived in the next round of cuts.

Ok thanks - just hadn't noticed him in any of the games so far. Thought they might want to give him more NHL ice time before the season begins if they intend him to be the call-up guy.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Besides Kapanen I am not excited to see anyone in that line up.

I was really hoping to see some kids especially with Sashnikov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad