LeBrun: Toronto, Vegas, Winnipeg, and Calgary interested in Ferland

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So McPhee just doesn't give a shit that half his blue line are either feasibly replaceable or in dire need of replacement. I get that scoring is in a slump but that seems to be a mental team wide thing and perhaps some deficiency out of Gallant.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Would have to be a huge overpayment to make Carolina trade him.

We’re in a wildcard spot and haven’t made the playoffs since 2009. He’s worth more to us.

Consider the market and what's left on it.

Carolina would need to get enough for Ferland to turn around and replace Ferland on the open market. So a 1st or top tier prospect the Canes could flip to another team for one of the top-tier rentals left.

If the rental market dries up except for Ferland before 3PM, I think that makes it more likely the Canes hold onto him.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The obvious deal is still out there...

Ferland and Pesce for Nylander and Ozhiganov.

canes get the guy with a ton of long term upside. Leafs fill their 2 biggest needs, and create cap space to retain kap and johnsson.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Honestly I can't see why Calgary would pay the price needed. Ferland with the Flames didn't show he's all that much better than our current middle six wingers when not on the top line.

Reactions: viper0220

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The obvious deal is still out there...

Ferland and Pesce for Nylander and Ozhiganov.

canes get the guy with a ton of long term upside. Leafs fill their 2 biggest needs, and create cap space to retain kap and johnsson.

Zero chance Dundon is paying a $8.3 million bonus to Nylander on July 1. That bonus is a poison pill.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm not advocating a move like this, but I could see the Canes trying a buy low situation and like with Nino and maybe do a Ferland plus Darling for Neal plus 1st. We'd be dumping a slightly smaller AAV for much shorter term and banking on Neal rebounding on his contract in a top 6 role. I wonder if the Flames would do that?

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Honestly I can't see why Calgary would pay the price needed. Ferland with the Flames didn't show he's all that much better than our current middle six wingers when not on the top line.
The only thing I see is that he's well liked in the room already, and we know he fits with the top line (at worst - not saying he should slid Lindy or Tkachuk down).

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Carolina only moves Ferland, only if they can get a top 6 forward in a separate deal first.

Like Johansson to Canes for a 2nd rd pick.

But then they get that 2nd rd pick back (+ more) for Ferland?

Reactions: SlavinAway

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Canes, may we interest you in a surging Pirri? 1st line production. Low cost to re-sign. So much skill. So, so much skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad