LeBrun: Toronto, Vegas, Winnipeg, and Calgary interested in Ferland

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Zero chance Dundon is paying a $8.3 million bonus to Nylander on July 1. That bonus is a poison pill.

I doubt that stops anyone considering his salary payment next season in only $700k. I imagine his value skyrockets once that bonus is paid and only $24.7M is left on the remaining 5 years of his contract.

Reactions: Mork

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
People keep talking about a "massive overpayment".
I get that you want to keep him but GMs won't "massively overpay" for a UFA winger.
Ferland falls into the "nice to add if the price is reasonable" category of things.

Reactions: FabledKnight

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
People keep talking about a "massive overpayment".
I get that you want to keep him but GMs won't "massively overpay" for a UFA winger.
Ferland falls into the "nice to add if the price is reasonable" category of things.

We're just saying it doesn't make sense for us to give him up for a reasonable offer; unless we've got a 2nd deal to bring in his replacement.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So you are going to trade Ferland and lose that spot to Pittsburgh?
Honestly, I think we can replace his production in house. We'd lose his truculence, but his scoring has fallen off a bit, so that could be replaced I think.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The only thing I see is that he's well liked in the room already, and we know he fits with the top line (at worst - not saying he should slid Lindy or Tkachuk down).

I'd be fine having him if we could get him for like a 2nd round pick, but at that price it's likely Carolina keeps him.

Reactions: Janks

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I have been the only Bolt fan advocating for Ferland on Tampa. Instead of going for the rumoured Simmonds deal, I'd much rather have Ferland. Would hate to play against him in the playoffs.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I'd be fine having him if we could get him for like a 2nd round pick, but at that price it's likely Carolina keeps him.
Agreed 100% - At most I'd give up a 2nd and something like Phillips, but that's it (not saying he isn't worth more to Carolina - just that's what I'd give at most for him back on CGY).

Reactions: Tryamw

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Has there been any rumors on what Ferland wants on his next contract?

Dont see why Carolina would move him unless his ask is stupid

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Its rumoured his ask is stupid. As a late bloomer this may be his only chance to cash in so I don’t blame him. I don’t see any way he doesn’t go to free agency. He’s going to get paid and it won’t be by the canes.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC

He is rumored to want big money and big term. We prefer he chooses one or the other. We would probably be comfortable with $5M x 5 or something similar. We might pay more for a shorter term, say $6M x 4, or less for longer term, say $4M x 6.

Our fear is that the team that gives him $6M+ for 6+ years is going to end up with Milan Lucic v2.0. POwer forwards just do not age well.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He is rumored to want big money and big term. We prefer he chooses one or the other. We would probably be comfortable with $5M x 5 or something similar. We might pay more for a shorter term, say $6M x 4, or less for longer term, say $4M x 6.

Our fear is that the team that gives him $6M+ for 6+ years is going to end up with Milan Lucic v2.0. POwer forwards just do not age well.
Fair enough.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Yeh I wouldn't be comfortable giving him more than $4 mil and 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Would have to be a huge overpayment to make Carolina trade him.

We’re in a wildcard spot and haven’t made the playoffs since 2009. He’s worth more to us.

That was my first thought as well.

2nd thought cheap owner.

3rd thought is why the Canucks would trade any assets for this player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad