Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Vancouver | Tues @ 10pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
PS: For those who use this site on smartphones, I'd advise downloading Firefox + Ghostery extension to disable tracking and ads. It's a revelation browsing the site now. No ads at bottom of page. Everything is so smooth.

Does it keep crashing? The ads don't bother me, it's when I'm writing a post and the page times out that I find really annoying.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Is Moore cleared to play yet?
He practised without red jersey so they anticipate him back soon. Probably not for Vancouver but Calgary or Edmonton might be possible.
Does it keep crashing? The ads don't bother me, it's when I'm writing a post and the page times out that I find really annoying.
I've never had that issue. I hear that is just for people on iPhone. The ads and trackers bother me big time. I find Firefox to be more concerned about it's users' privacy than Google.

Every page I load on this site is filled with 8+ ads and multiple trackers to build a profile on you. This ghostery extension has worked wonders so far. I can finally swipe up on a page here and it'll take me to the bottom of the page so I can click on the next page. When I used to do that, it'd greet me with blocks of ads.

JayDog17

Dec 23, 2014
You're forgetting about all-star Josh Leivo ;) He's going to light us up.

P.S All jokes aside, was watching the Canucks game the other day and Leivo is a great, cheap middle-6 asset. Too bad we didn't have room for him.
We had room for him but the arrogant moron behind the bench at the time decided trying to ruin his career was more important than the team. Like he did to someone every year.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
We had room for him but the arrogant moron behind the bench at the time decided trying to ruin his career was more important than the team. Like he did to someone every year.

Another perfect example of him showcasing his "power". He didn't even care about how the guy has played, he picked someone every year who he can sit no matter what, so he can show to everyone he has the power.
That was the only reason, nothing else.

Corrado in 16/17
Leivo in 17/18
Holl in 18/19
This year, it was going to be Spezza

What an insecure, sick prick.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Another perfect example of him showcasing his "power". He didn't even care about how the guy has played, he picked someone every year who he can sit no matter what, so he can show to everyone he has the power.
That was the only reason, nothing else.

Corrado in 16/17
Leivo in 17/18
Holl in 18/19

What an insecure, sick prick.
2/3 are now NHL regulars ... seeing as the jerk did this to one guy seemingly every year I wonder who were the punching bags he denied playing time to out in Anaheim and Detroit

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Part of Leivo's job is going to be stopping Marner, Nylander, or Kapanen.
He should be motivated, but it could be a tall order for him as well.
I don't think he wins any of those foot races.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Yup cuz the Goat isn't cutting it
Or does Keefe not like him hmmm
Just saying
We better be careful about commenting on players playing or being scratched and defining those moments and decisions ...
Real careful ....
Sometimes , scratching players for a game , 10 games or longer is just that , completion and availability and talent ..
Just saying

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Or does Keefe not like him hmmm
Just saying
We better be careful about commenting on players playing or being scratched and defining those moments and decisions ...
Real careful ....
Sometimes , scratching players for a game , 10 games or longer is just that , completion and availability and talent ..
Just saying

He doesn't provide much at all - and is a liability when tried on PK. Engvall has shown more

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
He doesn't provide much at all - and is a liability when tried on PK. Engvall has shown more
Oh I concur with you without a doubt ...
My point was that of general terms to those who don’t seem to realize that all coaches and leaders have to make decisions that are tough ones and sometimes that may hurt a player for the benefit of the overall team success .
Again
I agree with you ..
It was only a statement made using your take to show some posters a different view

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
GOAT supposedly doesn't love hockey (rumour)...but the way he plays I tend to believe it.

If you want an NHL career and you have limited offence to your game....use what you have to stay in the league and be a difference maker. He's not using his size and strength so what exactly is he bringing that Engvall or even Brooks can't at this point? It's great he improved his skating but that isn't going to keep him in the league on it's own he needs to get some more jam or his career will be a short one.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This is a pretty tired joke, right up there with 'plan the parade' and 'suits'.

When was the last time an ex player lit them up?

Well, JvR last week.

Par Lindholm scored against us this year. Its litetally his only point of the year.

Par Lindholm!

Maybe it wont be the former player. Maybe it will be the hometown kid (Scott Laughton last week) or the huge slump buster (Nichushkin TWICE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad