Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Vancouver | Tues @ 10pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We need to build on the performance against the Blues

We showed up, played our style of game and didn't back down when the Blues started trying to physically intimate us

That is the template of how we need to play to be successful

We're capable of it, no excuses for not showing up tomorrow night

We need 4-5 points on the rest of this Western Canadian roadie

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Keefe seems to be making the leafs as entertaining/fun to watch as the roster suggests they should be. Hopefully that continues, he seems like the perfect coach for the group. Fun hockey is the best :)

Winning hockey is the best. Especially if you have not won a cup in 52 years or a playoff series in over a decade.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We can't expect the goalies to come to be as bad as Binnington was in the 1st against St. Louis. Taking the score away, I thought the game was fairly balanced actually.

However, taking the temperature out of the game in the 3rd and managing it well may have been the best sign from Saturdays game.

Last edited:

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I am quite happy that the Vancouver game wasn't scheduled for Saturday night - saves all of us from having to listen to Hughson rave about his Canucks for three hours.

I hope we gonna see a few "the defender lost his stick" moment.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Miller-EP40-Boeser is easily a top-5 line in the league at this point. Other than them and Hughes, the team as a whole is relatively meh.

We can beat them, and it'll be much easier if we can shut down that line.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Miller-EP40-Boeser is easily a top-5 line in the league at this point. Other than them and Hughes, the team as a whole is relatively meh.

We can beat them, and it'll be much easier if we can shut down that line.

You're forgetting about all-star Josh Leivo ;) He's going to light us up.

P.S All jokes aside, was watching the Canucks game the other day and Leivo is a great, cheap middle-6 asset. Too bad we didn't have room for him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
You're forgetting about all-star Josh Leivo ;) He's going to light us up.

P.S All jokes aside, was watching the Canucks game the other day and Leivo is a great, cheap middle-6 asset. Too bad we didn't have room for him.

I really, really hope not.

Dubas has to have some good karma not letting Babs pick on him for no reason anymore.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I heard on the radio today that Keefe is planning on giving Hutchinson one of the starts on this Western road trip. Why? There are no back to back games.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
If the Canucks win, its their bottom 6 wingers who do it for them.
They have an underappreciated group of guys with the following points if straight-line annualized over a 82 game schedule

Pearson (52 pt pace)
Leivo (44 pt pace)
Virtanen (50 pt pace)
Gaudette (53 pt pace)

Then you have two guys who just came back from injury
Roussel (3 goals in 2 games)
Ferland (this will only be his second game back)

These guys all play a "heavy" game, and often account for swinging the momentum back in the Canucks favor.

Horvat is cold
Miller/Petey/Boeser have been okay, not amazing but not horrible.
Hughes looks amazing every time he's on the ice

I predict a high scoring game though since the Canucks are really struggling defensively

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I heard on the radio today that Keefe is planning on giving Hutchinson one of the starts on this Western road trip. Why? There are no back to back games.

If Hutch is still Hutch with a rested team in front of him, Kaskisuo better be on the next flight out west.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
PS: For those who use this site on smartphones, I'd advise downloading Firefox + Ghostery extension to disable tracking and ads. It's a revelation browsing the site now. No ads at bottom of page. Everything is so smooth.

Reactions: glue and IPS

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
I am quite happy that the Vancouver game wasn't scheduled for Saturday night - saves all of us from having to listen to Hughson rave about his Canucks for three hours.
At least we'd be free of:
  • "Henrik passes over to Daniel, back to Henrik..."
  • "Great save, Luongo!"

Reactions: Koolboss

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
PS: For those who use this site on smartphones, I'd advise downloading Firefox + Ghostery extension to disable tracking and ads. It's a revelation browsing the site now. No ads at bottom of page. Everything is so smooth.
This. Even on desktop, I use Firefox with NoScript. The site runs much faster. (And I don't even need to enable uBlock Origin, since NoScript blocks the script(s) that insert the ads, I guess.)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hello Leafs Fans, Here is the lineup and a few news/notes from Vancouver that you guys might be interested in.

First the (Potential) Canucks Line up:
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser.
Pearson-Horvat-Leivo.
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen.
Sutter-Beagle-Ferland.
Schaller

Hughes-Myers.
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Notes:
1 - Canucks have the 4th highest Powerplay percentage at 27.2% (EP40/Boeser/Miller/Hughes put on an absolute clinic)
2 - EP40 this year is more of a playmaker and is looking to pass more than shoot this year.
3 - Boeser even tho his points are high, he is having a very hit/miss start to the season.
4 - Quinn Hughes has been all world, You guys are in for a complete treat to watch him play.
5 - Canucks Struggling on the backend recently with a significant amount of turnovers, especially since Alex Edler is hurt.
6 - Alex Edler is out for awhile, Quinn/Myers are showing well, everybody else mostly struggling.
7 - Ferland is coming off another injury, having a poor start to the season, most likely related.
8 - Jay Beagle is coming off a terrible game against buffalo.
9 - Roussel has 3 goals in 2 games coming off his injury, the line up Rous/Gaud/Virt has been strong.
10 - Leivo is having a solid NHL season, with 16 points this year.

Good luck during the game guys, Leafs lineup is still one of my more enjoyable ones, Marner especially is one of my favorite players in the league to watch play.

Also, a quick question for you guys:
Any chance the leafs bring these back?
https://www.sportchek.ca/product/to...sic-2017-premier-hockey-jerse-332274442.html#

Just love the way they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad