Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Vancouver | Tues @ 10pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If Zach Hyman continues on his current pace, he’ll finish the year with 26 goals in 63 games.

And if I pick the right lottery numbers I'll be a millionaire.

I appreciate the hell out of Hyman, but he's ain't continuing his current pace :p

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And if I pick the right lottery numbers I'll be a millionaire.

I appreciate the hell out of Hyman, but he's ain't continuing his current pace :p

I mean, to be fair, he scored 21 in 71 last year.

It's not that extreme of a jump.

Reactions: Brown Dog

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I mean, to be fair, he scored 21 in 71 last year.

It's not that extreme of a jump.

26 goals in 63 games is a 34g pace.

21 in 71 is a 24g pace.

It is a fairly extreme jump.

Hyman is shooting 17% right now, his career shooting is 10.7, with last year a career outlier of 14.9. He'll cool off and that's okay, he's still awesome.

Reactions: Jeypic

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Why not? Try something new. Give Engvall a shot at center in the NHL for a few games. Gauthier has been solid, but you know what you get in him. Giving Engvall a few games at 4C over Gauthier will not kill this team (and if it does, I'd say the experiment is over pretty darn quick at that point), but it does give a look at his future viability as a center down the road, and a better understanding of how expendable Gauthier becomes.

He's done more experimenting in 8 games than Babcock has done in like 250 so kudos to Keefe.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
play .500 or better against the top 8 teams in the league

get 4 of 6 points from good/decent teams (9th through 20th) (.666 pts %)

Get 5 of 6 points from the bottom-feeders (.833 pts %)

Do this the rest of the way to secure playoffs. No exceptions.

Based on that we need 4 of 6 or better this week.

No excuses. Dig in.

Reactions: saffronleaf

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
5 of 6 points needed on the west trip.

Expecting Auston to have 6 points in 3 games by next Saturday.

I like our chances of winning at least 2/3 even though these are some solid teams. So I am expecting at least 4 or 5 points. I don't think 5 points are "needed", but it definitely makes it easier later on.

If we limit our mistakes, keep EDM/VAN off of the PP, and have the top guys play as well as they have played so far under Keefe (which is still not even their best), we win these games.

Reactions: saffronleaf

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I’m outraged that they didn’t specifically adjust the time so it would be more convenient for me.

Outraged I tell you.
The Nucks fan rage if they made a mid-week game a 4:00 start to appease Leafs demographic would be glorious. The crying for when they make the change on a HNIC Saturday game is fun enough as it is

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The western swing is a nice opportunity.

Both EDM and VAN have long since come back down to earth after torrid starts (7-1 and 9-3 respectively), and while calgary has the best roster on paper, even their recent hot streak has come against a super soft point in their schedule.

Really nice opportunity to swing this season back into line here all of a sudden. And of course it would be sweet to shut up the most anti-leafs fanbases in the league.

Hope they take advantage here. They could come home off this trip knocking on the door of a playoffs spot, with most all of their toughest schedule behind them.

Yep and then come home to play the Sabres, hopefully we'll be ahead of the Sabres by then but you never know, the Sabres beat the Oilers last night as well as keeping both Drai and Mcdavid off the score sheet. The Sabres are 2 points ahead of us now but no more games in hand.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The biggest problem I've witnessed from this team going back to last season is they win a few in a row and the foot comes off the gas. They think they are world beaters. Last year they had a huge lead at xmas which they coasted on and just barely made it.

I am hoping with Keefe and how tight the schedule is, hopefully this will be the key moment that the team grows up and learns to bring it every single night. I also think some of them are thinking about how the start of the season means little and saving their gas for the playoffs.

Let's beat these teams so that their fans don't run to the main boards to start bashing threads about Matthews again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad