Dreger: Toronto poking around Matt Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Never underestimate the Sault Ste Marie connection with Dubas. It's far too risky in my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is a backup plan.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
I mean I don't really want Murray either but he is significantly better than Mrazekthe talent is there with Murray.

I don't think it is with Mrazek
I honestly think Mrazek and Murray are equal at this point. Don't know what talent is there with Murray. Both are equally injury prone.

Reactions: stealth1

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Don't be surprised when Campbell is re-signed. The options are drying up.

there are still enough options out there that you don't have to do that

the only goalies off the market that bother me at all were MAF and Husso and even in Husso's case 4.75 per is A LOT for him.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
there are still enough options out there that you don't have to do that

the only goalies off the market that bother me at all were MAF and Husso and even in Husso's case 4.75 per is A LOT for him.
Very few are better or worth the money. Keumper is not worth the 6-7 million he's asking for and Gibson is not worth the assets to trade for. IMO Murray is a more expensive version of Campbell.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Very few are better or worth the money. Keumper is not worth the 6-7 million he's asking for and Gibson is not worth the assets to trade for. IMO Murray is a more expensive version of Campbell.

I'd easily pay Kuemper before Campbell not even a question.

I don't want Campbell back at all he's proven he can't do it he's to mentally weak just watch him whenever bhe loses a game he always looks like he's on the verge of crying.

get rid of that right now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Keumper is not worth the 6-7 million he's asking for
It doesn't matter what he WAS asking for, the market is drying up and teams that still need a goalie are tight to the cap. He will be forced to take a sensible deal in the end. You could say teams simply called his bluff.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
the only way i would trade for Murray is if a third team takes another chunk of the cap as well so it comes in less then 2 a year, and Ottawa foots the bill, otherwise let them buy him out.

You need a 1A minimum to go with him. At this point he's a backup you hope catches fire at the right time.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Murray's greatest issue is his mental weakness. He lost it very early on and never regained his edge.

Toronto is the worst landing spot for him with the media. He'll have a psychotic break. I'd feel bad for him as a person but this feels like a move the Leafs would make thinking it'll work great.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"Both Dubas and Dorion got take-out lunch from the same taco stand and it's suspected they are both fighting over a stall in the men's room."

Wishful thinking I know, but anything's better than taking on Murray.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
"Both Dubas and Dorion got take-out lunch from the same taco stand and it's suspected they are both fighting over a stall in the men's room."

Wishful thinking I know, but anything's better than taking on Murray.

Maybe they were just trying to get to the ripper bar for lunch before everyone else got there and devoured the buffet?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Looks like more goalies available than teams.

Gibson Talbot Blackwood Campbell Keumper Murray

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
If Ottawa trades Matt Murray, I think they might also go in on Campbell or Kuemper. I don't think Forsberg is a legit 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad