Dreger: Toronto poking around Matt Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On Dreger's Twitter he says that Dubas has been poking around Matt Murray.

The Leafs do need a goalie we all know this and Murray did play in the Soo so it's not a surprise.

I don't know how I'd feel about it. i still think the talent is there but that would be a MASSIVE risk.

If it pays off Dubas looks like a genius BUT he's in the last year of his contract is he really going to steak his job which you could argue he shouldn't have today to begin with on Matt Murray?

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
1657210647057.png

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

The Leafs do need a goalie we all know this and Murray did play in the Soo so it's not a surprise.

I don't know how I'd feel about it. i still think the talent is there but that would be a MASSIVE risk.

If it pays off Dubas looks like a genius BUT he's in the last year of his contract is he really going to steak his job which you could argue he shouldn't have today to begin with on Matt Murray?
I would like to come in here and poke funny at the TML. However Matt Murray was start to play really good until he was injured. He could be a diamond in the ruff.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Listening to Ottawa radio right now and it was mentioned the Leafs have checked in on Murray but I wouldn’t say by the sounds of it that anything got even close

Reactions: BayStBullies

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Matt Murray was really spectacular in his 2 cup runs. He's only 28 yrs old.

I wonder if he can still bounce back into a respectable starter/career.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
$6.25 million. Had to check CapFriendly. Did NOT realize he made that much. Besides the fact that he's a huge risk with his play, the $ can't work unless Mrazek goes the other way. Even so, the Leafs would only have $4 million left to sign Sandin, Kase, Engvall, and the crease is now Murray/Kallgren.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

It's great eh, having elite young Superstars on the team, in the primes of their careers & winning major wards and dominating people........and not having any clear plan in goal.

Eh, Edmonton? You guys can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad