Proposal: Toronto- Philadelphia

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
kettle...meet black.

Nylander isn't a NEED.

Konecny 61 points
Nylander 59 points
Voracek 56 points

In what world does it make sense for the Flyers to trade Myers, making Holl their best RHD in 1 year....just so they can upgrade from Farabee to Nylander.....all while Farabee will close the gap between the 2 in the coming years.

AND we would need to cut cap elsewhere.

It's asinine.

Are you really trying to compare Nylander to Voracek. Both Voracek and Giroux are on the down swing of their careers while Nylander hasn't even entered his prime yet and he's already out producing them while signed to a great deal.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Joel '8 goals in the ahl' Farabee?

We'll see :laugh:

Considering Farabee has only played five AHL games in his entire career, if he had managed 8 goals in the AHL, that would be incredibly impressive.

But here's a total that I didn't just make up, like you did.

Farabee has 3 NHL playoff goals. He's only played one playoff.

Nylander has 5 NHL playoff goals... in his career.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Nylander would've been 2nd in scoring for Philadelphia, 1 point behind Konecny, led the team in goals, is locked in for another 4 years at a great deal but yet he's a useless player, interesting. Take off the homer glasses and then maybe you'd realize Nylander would be your number 1 offensive player.

Nobody said he was useless and unless you are transferring his center from Toronto with him in this deal, it's odd that you are comparing his point and goal totals as if they would be the same in Philadelphia.

You, telling others to "take off the homer" glasses made me literally burst out laughing. Thank you for that.

Reactions: Tripod

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I legitimately don't care about your opinion.

The Leafs would never do this so it doesnt matter what everyone else thinks.
Dubas would trade Nylander for Myers in a heartbeat. The Flyers would never do this though, so it’s a moot (moo for you young people) point.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Dubas would trade Nylander for Myers in a heartbeat. The Flyers would never do this though, so it’s a moot (moo for you young people) point.

You're telling me Dubas would trade a top-30 forward in the league the moment Keefe took over (that seriously hasnt touched his ceiling yet) for a guy that could be a top-pairing guy some day?

Yeah let's pretend you're right so you stop talking to me. This website.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Nylander would've been 2nd in scoring for Philadelphia, 1 point behind Konecny, led the team in goals, is locked in for another 4 years at a great deal but yet he's a useless player, interesting. Take off the homer glasses and then maybe you'd realize Nylander would be your number 1 offensive player.

No one called him useless. But he also wouldn’t put up those numbers on this team. AVs teams have much more uniform distribution of scoring. Toronto is the definition of top heavy. Two different strategies but it’s obvious depth is better. Also, his contract is good but it’s not great. Lindblom very well could put up similar points and goals next year at 3 mill a year. That’s a great contract. Couts just won a selke on a great contract.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're telling me Dubas would trade a top-30 forward in the league the moment Keefe took over (that seriously hasnt touched his ceiling yet) for a guy that could be a top-pairing guy some day?

Clearly you’re a die hard Leaf’s fan. If you, as such a fan, don’t understand the advantages to this trade for your team, that’s okay.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Are you really trying to compare Nylander to Voracek. Both Voracek and Giroux are on the down swing of their careers while Nylander hasn't even entered his prime yet and he's already out producing them while signed to a great deal.
Yes, I showed where TK, WM and JV were in points this year.

Congrats on Willy having a career year and finally beating Jake in points in a season.

The ENTIRE point you are missing, is the Flyers don't need A RW in Willy when they have the #8 and #11 scoring RWers from this year AND they have Farabee as the 3rd line RWer.

We NEED Myers condidering Braun is a UFA, Niskanen is a UFA next offseason, and we have no RHD prospects who project to top 4 Dmen.

Context matters which seems to me lost on you and some others. The Flyers are not gutting their RHD for Willy. Move on to another target as the Flyers are not a fit.

Reactions: Amorgus

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Clearly you’re a die hard Leaf’s fan. If you, as such a fan, don’t understand the advantages to this trade for your team, that’s okay.

I dont understand them because there are none. The deal doesnt work for either side.

Regardless of your f***ed up valuation.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Who are we talking about......because Nylander is not a top 30 forward. Here are the top 35 scorers for forwards this year and Willy is not there...and only 3 people could he better than 100%, some could be debatable.

But then that list doesn't include: Crosby, Rantanen, Guentzel, Coururier, Bergeron, Barzal, Tavares, Gaudreau, Ehlers, Voracek, Schenn, Toews etc...

Leon Draisaitl
Connor McDavid
David Pastrnak
Artemi Panarin
Nathan MacKinnon
Brad Marchand
Nikita Kucherov
Patrick Kane
Auston Matthews
Jack Eichel
Jonathan Huberdeau
Mika Zibanejad
Evgeni Malkin
Kyle Connor
Mark Scheifele
J.T. Miller- ok here is one
Alexander Ovechkin
Mitchell Marner
Sebastian Aho
Max Pacioretty-another
Steven Stamkos
Elias Pettersson
Blake Wheeler
Brayden Point
Patrik Laine
Mark Stone
Teuvo Teräväinen
Anze Kopitar
Aleksander Barkov
Travis Konecny
Andrei Svechnikov
Matthew Tkachuk
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Tomas Tatar-Sure
Ryan O'Reilly
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I can easily find 30...40 people I would rather have than WN.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This is really bad.
how is this bad?
how the hell are Leaf players sooo under valued on here
so does that mean that Konecny+Sanheim for Sandin+Robertson+15th is not enough?
Nylander+Holl for Myers+Farabee+1st HF says herp derp not enough from Toronto
so then an offer of Sanheim+Konecny for Sandin+Robertson+15th should be also considered not enough or is it just Leaf assets that get undervalued?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I dont understand them because there are none. The deal doesnt work for either side.

Regardless of your f***ed up valuation.
You don't understand:

23 year old middle pairing 6'5 RHD who has the upside to be top pairing
20 year old #14 overall RW on an ELC for 2 years as a replacement at RW
1st round pick
cap savings of 4+million the next 2 years

If you can't see the Leafs benefit to this deal that every impartial poster says favors the Leafs, then that's on you.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You don't understand:

23 year old middle pairing 6'5 RHD who has the upside to be top pairing
20 year old #14 overall RW on an ELC for 2 years as a replacement at RW
1st round pick
cap savings of 4+million the next 2 years

If you can't see the Leafs benefit to this deal that every impartial poster says favors the Leafs, then that's on you.
ok lets flip it, Konecny+Sanheim for Sandin+Robertson+15th? if you think this is too much going to Toronto then you are straight up being a homer.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Holl and Sanheim are closer than Robertson and Farabee and you know it
I do not know that. Both Farabee and Robertson are good prospects and though Robertson is better it’s not by nearly enough to make up for the other differences

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I do not know that. Both Farabee and Robertson are good prospects and though Robertson is better it’s not by nearly enough to make up for the other differences
Well Sanheim is getting 3.25 and is RFA in 1 yr, Holl has 3 more years @2 and they are both decent 2nd pair D men
Myers and Sandin both have similar value
I would give the edge to Sanheim say a 8 vs 7
Robertson vs Farabee is IMO an 8 vs a 6 and Obv 10th vs 15th is an 8 vs a 7 so Phi8=8=6=22 and Tor 7=8=7= 22 so IMO they are directly comparable packages
So is Konecny+Sanheim an overpay or under pay for Sandin+Robertson+15th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad