Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Ottawa Wed. 7PM S/N

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Effort without talent is a depressing situation... but talent without effort is a tragedy.
~Mike Ditka

Toronto Maple Leafs in a nutshell.

Post Sundin era:

Stajan and co. Effort but no talent

Kessel era:

Talent but no effort

Choice given to us by MLSE: 1) Depression or 2) Tragedy

Pick you poison....
:shakehead

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Effort without talent is a depressing situation... but talent without effort is a tragedy.
~Mike Ditka

Post Sundin era:

Kessel era:

Talent but no effort

Pick you poison....

Not much talent on the Kessel teams either.

leafstilldeath*

Not much talent on the Kessel teams either.

I partially agree with you.

Bozak, Phaneuf, Franson, etc... doesn't really say talent;

Talent on the roster = Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Gardiner, Rielly, Lupul (when healthy)

Talent let go = Grabo, Mac

I am just so tragically depressed with this organization. Leafs are a butt of joke in the NHL and the leaf fans are a butt of joke in the hockey fan-o-sphere

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Feels so wrong to say this, but Go Sens Go :cry:
Hoping for a 4-3 game. Happy to hear that the lines are switching. A little to late though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kinda want to see a loss here.

Things get wacky here with 1 off day after a loss. Imaging stewing for essentially a week in a losing streak.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
I'm for tanking the season but we must beat Ottawa because it's Ottawa.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
tank baby tank.

Go Senators! :yo:

We Believe! :yo:

ffd7go.jpg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A loss tomorrow night would be pretty big for the tank.

The Sens would surpass us, and by next Wednesday, Minny, Columbus and Philly could as well, and New Jersey could be within a single win of passing us.

Essentially, in two weeks time, there is a real time we are in the 5-6 slot.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
A loss tomorrow night would be pretty big for the tank.

The Sens would surpass us, and by next Wednesday, Minny, Columbus and Philly could as well, and New Jersey could be within a single win of passing us.

Essentially, in two weeks time, there is a real time we are in the 5-6 slot.

Lol I remember you doing this exact thing when the Leafs were close to MTL and TBL.

Where did that lead? Nothing. Things change quickly in this league. Leave this to the last handful of games.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
The sooner we lose and fall into the 5-6-7 spot, the sooner management realizes we have to be sellers and start looking at unloading vets. Unloading vets = more losses and we could even drop further down.

Hoping for a regulation loss in Ottawa tomorrow

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Lol I remember you doing this exact thing when the Leafs were close to MTL and TBL.

Where did that lead? Nothing. Things change quickly in this league. Leave this to the last handful of games.

Something to get excited about at least.

And would be pretty amazing if true.

One ball away from MchEichel

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

It's the standings watch. It's something one does as a Sports Fan.

If things change quickly and we somehow get back into the playoff race, I'll do it for us getting in to the playoffs too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

If things change quickly and we somehow get back into the playoff race, I'll do it for us getting in to the playoffs too.

please don't. i like the one you're doin right now better.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

You missed the point. You don't do that in the middle of the season. There's no point. A team could go from contending the East to contending the least just like this. Because all of those games that you called important when chasing TBL and Mtl turned out to be far from important and more meaningless, right?

To start calling games more important than the others doesn't make sense at this point. But whatever makes you happy.

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON
~Mike Ditka

Post Sundin era:

Kessel era:

Talent but no effort

Pick you poison....

uhh maybe Kessel has talent but that is the only person i can say on the leafs who I can say is talented. Phanuef is... alright. He has some skill and uses his size well but he isn't exactly gifted offensively or defensively. I think he would make a good 2/3 but not #1D talented.

We have some potentially talented players like Kadri and Reilly who could turn out to be pretty good players in the league if we develop them properly and we don't trade them to a team we knows how to develop talent.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Oh the Bozak line is being taken apart again what a surprise.

Maybe you should keep them apart this time but we all know that won't happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You missed the point. You don't do that in the middle of the season. There's no point. A team could go from contending the East to contending the least just like this. Because all of those games that you called important when chasing TBL and Mtl turned out to be far from important and more meaningless, right?

To start calling games more important than the others doesn't make sense at this point. But whatever makes you happy.

It has nothing to do with games being more important than others. Two points on Opening Night holds the same weight as two points on the final night of the regular season.

We are entering the stretch drive. The Deadline is nearly 5 weeks away. This is when standings watch begins. This is the time of year when players say they start to look at the standings more and more. This is where things spread out, and teams fall completely out of the playoff picture, and others start to lock up a playoff spot more and more.

Also, the TBL/MTL thing was in a different context. They weren't "if we win and they lose, we will pass them" it was more "we are only __ points back, anything can happen", and it was only a couple posts.

This is, if we lose, we drop further, which we need.

Obviously we will go on another winning streak, and we will pass some of these teams again. (well, most likely anyways), that's apart of sports.

Also, I don't want to sound like a *****, but if you don't want to watch the standings, don't. I, and many others that want too, will, and you, and the others that don't, won't. Trying to tell me what to post because of your thoughts on "watching the standings" is kinda ridiculous no?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If were not going to score 2 goals it doesnt matter who is in net. I love both of our goalies if they can stop pucks, but if the offense isn't doing anything then :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad