GDT: Toronto @ Montreal | 7:00pm | I don’t have a creative title.... just win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Didn't know Weber was on IR for Montreal. That's a break for us. Guy's a beast.
Tha'ts a huge thang for us and for them sire. You already knew. Our Cliffords will be pounding that thang real hard from the first period on sire. I really hope Campbell plays his best tonight, cause we need saves too, just like the montreal canadiens will need and do. They is trying to also win this ice hockey gezame.

Reactions: lottster14

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2020-2-8_12-13-55.png

Need PIT to play well today.

upload_2020-2-8_12-15-9.png

How is FLA staying alive with this goaltending ?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
If tonight goes poorly which I hope it doesn't, "But second half of a back to back!" is no longer an excuse

And 5 games in 8 nights. I cant help but be jealous of the raps mental toughness. Leafs just dont have that yet. Clifford trade was step in right direction. Adding a physical d man should be next

Reactions: lottster14

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Habs are going to play as if their lives depend on it. HNIC and the Leafs reeling? They could be this year's Detroit and it would be a challenging game. Need a strong, consistent game. It's weird to point to the most demoralizing loss of the season, but if we play them like we played Florida on Monday, we'll destroy them. They work hard and score on their opportunities, so we've gotta be tight and give them no quarter. Hoping for another good game from Campbell and if Matthews and JT play like they did last night we should be able to secure the two points.

Yes, the Habs will be playing for their playoff lives but then that's how they are playing every team these days as they are 6 points under us (though we have a game in hand on them) and I'm sure they think that this is an extremely important 4-pointer game. They did beat Florida 4-0 before we lost to Florida so I'm not going to be too optimistic here. We need to win to maintain 3rd and to have a 8-point lead on the Habs.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Let's hope Matthews adds to his lead, it is so sweet to see this in the League stats....
upload_2020-2-8_11-19-47.png

And tied with Kutcherov in 10th is Nylander, too bad he is missing game time

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If Leafs win tonight... which they should be able to. It should basically crush any hope for the Habs unless they went on a crazy tear which I doubt would happen.

If Leafs really want to start being contenders they have to win games like this. No brainer, but so far they've blew a few of these types of games. Time to win. No excuses with injuries etc... they are the better team... go and do it.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Habs are going to outwork us. It's how they play. We can't have break downs and if we do, we need a save. They will get chances but lack finish. However we can't expect to score 5 to win.

Let's play like we did against Florida. Get a nice lead, and try to place a good defensive game limiting chances. Habs are weak on defense as well, and we finish our chances.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Leafs win tonight... which they should be able to. It should basically crush any hope for the Habs unless they went on a crazy tear which I doubt would happen.

If Leafs really want to start being contenders they have to win games like this. No brainer, but so far they've blew a few of these types of games. Time to win. No excuses with injuries etc... they are the better team... go and do it.

I don't know when this team is going to turn the switch. I keep waiting for it. Maybe this is just who they are at this point?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
This is the 3rd time we've faced the Habs on the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

Who the hell made this schedule

We obviously bribed Bettman with poutine. ;)

Too bad our teams aren't fully healthy. Regardless, it should be a fun game to watch.

Reactions: Big Cactus

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Habs are full of grinders and most likely will outwork us like they usually do.

Heres hoping our top-end talent is the difference.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

What really sucks is the first one they blew early in the season, they were leading 4-1 in the 3rd to go down 5-4 (Habs scored 4 in 10 minutes on Hutch) before Matthews tied with Hutchinson pulled but then lost in SO.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
View attachment 318069

Need PIT to play well today.

View attachment 318071

How is FLA staying alive with this goaltending ?

Save percentage isn't indicative of quality of shots. Florida could've and probably should've been down by 5 goals after the 1st period vs us. Bobrovsky has been fine and has been stopping very high quality shots and is the second biggest reason they're still in the race.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Can Justin Holl go back to playing like he did earlier in the season?

Dude thinks he's Drew Doughty out there with all the Puck handling. He's making way too many mistakes because ever since he got the contract, he thinks he's big-time now.

Keefe needs to have a talk with him and tell him to go back to playing the Heavy/Safe game. Being able to control the puck is nice but stop making it a #1 priority.

At least he could lay off the bong before he plays, always has that stoned look after a mistake.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
sky is falling yet a win tonight still gives us a 70% points percentage over our last 7 games lol.

hopefully we can grab this W and florida gets slapped on their back to back mon/tues

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Can Justin Holl go back to playing like he did earlier in the season?

Dude thinks he's Drew Doughty out there with all the Puck handling. He's making way too many mistakes because ever since he got the contract, he thinks he's big-time now.

Keefe needs to have a talk with him and tell him to go back to playing the Heavy/Safe game. Being able to control the puck is nice but stop making it a #1 priority.

About time someone called Holl out.

Dude has been terrible and a big factor in our goalies getting lit up.

Reactions: mrbagina

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
If there’s one team I cant stand losing to other then Boston its the Habs. Hopefully we spank them after losing the last 3 to them. We need the defense to be much better then last night

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad