GDT: Toronto @ Montreal 7:00PM EST (CBC HD,RDS HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
We're going to lose. It's sad that even the Laffs who haven't seen the playoffs in almost a decade have a better team than us. At least we can hope Gally plays well.

DailyKaizen

We're going to lose. It's sad that even the Laffs who haven't seen the playoffs in almost a decade have a better team than us. At least we can hope Gally plays well.

The Canadiens are uber pumped for the opening match at the Bell Centre...on paper we are light years ahead of the Leafs...I foresee a comfortable victory for us, if anyone doubts it send them my way and I will destroy their flawed logic with awesome detonations of superior rationale.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I honestly have no idea how we'll play but damn... that Leafs lineup is just sad. :help:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

The Habs have a weak lineup in many ways but the Leafs, on paper at least, are below average everywhere. Their top line is good and Kessel is as good as all of our wingers combined, but that's undermined by having Bozak as their 1C. Put it this way, I'd rather have Eller than Bozak as my #1C.

Analyzer*

Isn't Orr still injured ?

Can't wait for the game.

Gallagher I believe only plays if Pleky can't,

pachorella

Feb 19, 2009
montreal
so excitedddd!!!! looking forward to see how MT will handle his line up, his D pairs. It's been long time he has not coached a NHL game. And ofcourse I want to see how the players react to this week teachings. I feel toronto are perfect opponent for now as both teams lack structure. And the team that will be more focused and more organized will win.
A lot of talking has been made, it is time to drop the puck
all eyes on alexG27 :)

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I think we can expect both teams to start the game off at a really high pace, assuming neither of the coaches tries to slow down the pace right off the bat, which is a possibility. They've probably got a lot of adrenaline pumping going into this, but let's keep if they can keep a good pace up for the whole game. I expect a fight or two.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Eller & Bourque are going to pot 25 each playing on the 3rd line. I can feel it.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
CIRmaBw.jpg

Fan 1: So Mr. Bergevin, where is PK?
Marc: No Excuses!

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Go Chucky go ! GalCHenyuk !

Go Habs go ! Can't wait to see Chucky play. (The new nickname his teammates gave to him because Gallagher is older and was nicknamed Gally allready). Go Chucky go, I actually like it better than Gally !

Oh, and screw the Queen ! Toronto is The Queen City (la ville Reine)... not Montréal ! They even have Queen street downtown Toronto.

Go Habs go ! I'm all excited about tomorow's game. Even without Subban, I'm predicting a WIN !

We carry the queen here in winnipeg into the building, canadian tradition? But holy shiiiiiiiit am ever pumped for this game.
3-1 Habs

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
So excited. Despite the obvious...situation, it's gonna be awesome and if/when we run those chumps out of the BC, I can't even imagine how crazy happy I'll be. Gonna need Pleks though. Better freakin win. NO EXCUSES!

GO HABS GO!!!

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Enough with the " I can't believe Orr is in the line-up!" comments. 2 things.

1) He's a role player we don't even have on our team. You think twice when you have that kind of beas against you. I'm still crazy as hell that we signed Prust, 100x better than Brown if you compare roles, but not really in the same league fighting wise as Orr, althought I'm sure it wouldn't be the KO some think.

2) He's easily double-shifted by Lupul, Kulemin or Van Riemsdyk when it's needed.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You think twice when you have that kind of beas against you.

If he can't catch up to you, why would you care? It's not like he's Thornton who is a good enough hockey player to possibly hit you and back you into a corner. The only people who have anything to fear from Orr are Prust and Moen, both of them don't fear taking a few hits. If Orr tries to intimidate say, Plekanec, Plek will skate away, maybe slashing him on the way. The only risk Plekanec would take in such a situation is get called a "little girl" by hfboards posters.

I'd be much more afraid of big hitters like Phaneuf and Brown, or cheap shot artists like Grabovski, if I was a skilled player.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
If he can't catch up to you, why would you care? It's not like he's Thornton who is a good enough hockey player to possibly hit you and back you into a corner. The only people who have anything to fear from Orr are Prust and Moen, both of them don't fear taking a few hits. If Orr tries to intimidate say, Plekanec, Plek will skate away, maybe slashing him on the way. The only risk Plekanec would take in such a situation is get called a "little girl" by hfboards posters.

I'd be much more afraid of big hitters like Phaneuf and Brown, or cheap shot artists like Grabovski, if I was a skilled player.
Huh??

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
LOL, if you guys want to have a good laugh go read the Maples Leafs GDT! HAHAHAHA

I was there earlier. Always weird to read. TBH, bias come into play on both sides' GDTs, but they do have a few delusions they should take care of :laugh:

To be expected. Some are laughing about the Habs' bottom 6 compared to theirs, which is kinda funny because now the Habs' bottom 6 resembles what their bottom 6 should have resembled under Burke. Others think the Habs' defense is 'the worst in the NHL', heheh. While not the best, it's a lot better than what they have even without Subban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad