Proposal: Toronto - Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Wait, so are you saying Jake Gardiner (a 50pts D) was worth more than Aho (60pts W) last year?

Ya know, that's actually quite an apt comparison for a Spurgeon - Nylander trade. Ie. Why the Leafs wouldn't touch it.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
You have no clue how good Spurgeon is, do you? First pairing Dmen do not go for a late first and a so-so prospect, or the Leafs would already have one.
Lolololololol Spurgeon is not a first pairing defenseman. He’s an ok #2 and a solid #3

Feb 24, 2017
So much sass and passive aggressiveness in this thread
A2C63BF0-EBEA-4CCA-943D-42EF308B2A81.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lolololololol Spurgeon is not a first pairing defenseman. He’s an ok #2 and a solid #3

First of all, being a #2 IS WHAT A FIRST PAIRING DEFENSEMAN IS.
Second of all, he's more than an "ok" #2. He's a good #2.
Lastly, I'm going to assume you don't watch him play and just stat watch, so nothing you say has any credibility here.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018

uhhh, you know PAIR means a set of 2 things, right? If he's an OK #2, that would make him a FIRST pair dman.

Lolololololol Just checked my birth cirtificate, it says I’m born in 1990, but that may just be a typo, as far as dumba, yes it is fair value.

Things are starting to make more sense.

Reactions: TheNewKid

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Lastly, I'm going to assume you don't watch him play and just stat watch, so nothing you say has any credibility here.
In fairness being an okay-goodish #2 means you’re just barely top pairing, also likely means you require a certain type of partner to mask your flaws, luckily Rielly and Spurgeon would be a good fit so he’d be okay on our top pairing.
Still not interested if the cost is Nylander in any sort of way.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
In fairness being an okay-goodish #2 means you’re just barely top pairing, also likely means you require a certain type of partner to mask your flaws, luckily Rielly and Spurgeon would be a good fit so he’d be okay on our top pairing.

In fairness he's not an "okay-goodish" #2. He's a legitimately good #2.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I’ve watched him quite a few times actually, and I said he’s an ok #2 that’s doesnt mean he’s as good as a first pairing guy because I view him as a good #3, and when I watched him he got out muscled A lot and wasn’t that good defensively, so that’s why I think a good #3 would be a good label for him

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Exactly, he’s too small, which is why he needs a bigger defenseman to mask his flaws

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
In fairness he's not an "okay-goodish" #2. He's a legitimately good #2.
Disagree, he’s pretty much a meh to ok #2 that needs a particular D partner to mask his flaws, but a solid #3 that thrives in that role

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’ve watched him quite a few times actually, and I said he’s an ok #2 that’s doesnt mean he’s as good as a first pairing guy because I view him as a good #3, and when I watched him he got out muscled A lot and wasn’t that good defensively, so that’s why I think a good #3 would be a good label for him
Disagree, he’s pretty much a meh to ok #2 that needs a particular D partner to mask his flaws, but a solid #3 that thrives in that role

Your ignorance doesn't change reality.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Since this has essentially turned into another Nylander thread, it’s getting locked. If you would like to make a specific proposal regarding the two teams, or discuss other forwards than Nylander, feel free to make another thread and do so. If you want to discuss a potential Nylander trade to the Wild, do so in the Nylander thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad