Proposal: Toronto - Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah, maybe the latest rumors from a month ago.

But I can promise you if the Wild do end up trading for Nylander (unlikely) you're not getting Dumba. Not even close.

There's nothing else that would get it done, all things considered. "Moot point" was a good phrase. I don't see a match with these teams.

Reactions: The Big D

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Yeah, maybe the latest rumors from a month ago.

But I can promise you if the Wild do end up trading for Nylander (unlikely) you're not getting Dumba. Not even close.
So what would we be getting? Nylander would be a perfect fit on your team. You guys are competitive and a quality team and he’d get an opportunity to play C which is what his camp wants so that he can prove to the world that he’s more than a sidekick (WHC mvp at 20 playing C) and really cash in on his next deal.
The latest wasn’t from a month ago, it was mentioned today that if Fenton & gross could of agreed to a contract than there’s a probability that a trade would of happened.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Nylander isn't worth Dumba (for some weird reason), you think he's worth more.
I don't want your older junk. Trade a young player, get one back.

I still don't get what you're arguing.

Dumba is worth more than Nylander. I'm not interested in trading Dumba. I'm also not interested in trading Spurgeon for Nylander.

Deals between these two teams have been theorized and discussed to death for the last year. In theory, they make decent trade partners, but I can promise the fanbases aren't going to agree on a deal. Primarily because the only asset you have that interests us is Nylander, who is two days from sitting the entire season out without a contract and is asking for way more than he's worth, and you're not getting Dumba (who seems to be the only player you have interest in) for him.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I agree with trading 1 for 1 if Nylander is getting moved. To call Spurgeon or Zucker "junk" is pretty ****ing stupid though.
Spurgeon as a player is great, as an asset not so much due to age and contract status, Zucker is just a dime a dozen middle 6 W. Which is probably the easiest piece to find and definitely not something you’re looking for when moving a premium asset like Willy.
Junk is pretty harsh though.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Spurgeon as a player is great, as an asset not so much due to age and contract status, Zucker is just a dime a dozen middle 6 W. Which is probably the easiest piece to find and definitely not something you’re looking for when moving a premium asset like Willy.
Junk is pretty harsh though.

Spurgeon is solidly a serviceable top pairing defenseman. Not someone who will outperform the role but will fill it well enough. Zucker may be the least heralded 30g scorer in the NHL. As you point out there's a mismatch between Nylander and that package from a timeline POV but if you were to go all in on a win-this-year package you could do much worse.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Spurgeon is solidly a serviceable top pairing defenseman. Not someone who will outperform the role but will fill it well enough. Zucker may be the least heralded 30g scorer in the NHL. As you point out there's a mismatch between Nylander and that package from a timeline POV but if you were to go all in on a win-this-year package you could do much worse.
If I’m forced to make a trade I think Carolina provides better options than minny outside of Dumba.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I still don't get what you're arguing.

Dumba is worth more than Nylander. I'm not interested in trading Dumba. I'm also not interested in trading Spurgeon for Nylander.

Deals between these two teams have been theorized and discussed to death for the last year. In theory, they make decent trade partners, but I can promise the fanbases aren't going to agree on a deal. Primarily because the only asset you have that interests us is Nylander, who is two days from sitting the entire season out without a contract and is asking for way more than he's worth, and you're not getting Dumba (who seems to be the only player you have interest in) for him.
Lol ur so defensive about Dumba on these boards, are you dating him or something sheesh

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Are you 16?

It's been beaten to death and you'll be hard pressed to find Wild fans who would be willing to trade Dumba for Nylander right now.
No, are you? Because it seems like you have a crush on a dumba like a 16 year old girl does to Justin Bieber, and why are wild fans not willing to trade him for nylander if it’s fair value?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, are you? Because it seems like you have a crush on a dumba like a 16 year old girl does to Justin Bieber, and why are wild fans not willing to trade him for nylander if it’s fair value?

Because it's not fair value.

Are you sure you're not a teenager? Because the whole "you don't want to trade him so you must have a crush on him" argument reeks of teenager.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It isn't. Really not that close either

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If I’m forced to make a trade I think Carolina provides better options than minny outside of Dumba.

Maybe. I'm not on the Pesce 1 for 1 bandwagon. I think it's overvaluing pure defense. Maybe you can convince Holmgren Provorov is fair value, or Parayko, but I'm not as current with his game as I'd like to be. Otherwise there's honestly not a good 1 for 1 trade available. Trouba? I'm loathe to deal with Winnipeg though.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Because it's not fair value.

Are you sure you're not a teenager? Because the whole "you don't want to trade him so you must have a crush on him" argument reeks of teenager.
Just checked my birth cirtificate, it says I’m born in 1990, but that may just be a typo, as far as dumba, yes it is fair value.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just checked my birth cirtificate, it says I’m born in 1990, but that may just be a typo, as far as dumba, yes it is fair value.

Dumba is leading all defensemen in goals, 10th in points, and on pace for 60, after a 50 point season last year. He's a right handed defensemen signed at a very reasonable hit ($6M) for four more seasons after this one. Nylander is a winger who doesn't have a contract and is asking for a long term deal north of $7M after two years in the league, and no one is even sure what kind of player he is without Matthews in the long term.

The value isn't fair and quite frankly as of today it's not close.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Maybe. I'm not on the Pesce 1 for 1 bandwagon. I think it's overvaluing pure defense. Maybe you can convince Holmgren Provorov is fair value, or Parayko, but I'm not as current with his game as I'd like to be. Otherwise there's honestly not a good 1 for 1 trade available. Trouba? I'm loathe to deal with Winnipeg though.
No chance it’s Pesce straight up, definitely getting a significant add like one of Kuokkanen/Fox/Gauthier/Roy/Necas. I don’t see pieces from minny aside Dumba that gets me as interested as Carolina would by presenting a package of Pesce +

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Dumba is leading all defensemen in goals, 10th in points, and on pace for 60, after a 50 point season last year. He's a right handed defensemen signed at a very reasonable hit ($6M) for four more seasons after this one. Nylander is a winger who doesn't have a contract and is asking for a long term deal north of $7M after two years in the league, and no one is even sure what kind of player he is without Matthews in the long term.

That seems quite fair if you sign Nylander and he has produced without Matthews before

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Nylander was drafted as a C, and has played C wherever he’s been except when on Matthews’ wing. He’s won a WHC mvp & Gold medal as a 20yo playing C against men. He’s a C relegated to W because of chemistry and roster composition.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nylander was drafted as a C, and has played C wherever he’s been except when on Matthews’ wing. He’s won a WHC mvp & Gold medal as a 20yo playing C against men. He’s a C relegated to W because of chemistry and roster composition.

Granlund played and excelled as a C at every stage too until he got to the NHL.
Nylander has under no circumstances proven he can maintain a 60 or better point campaign at center without Matthews.
If he had proven that this would be a slightly different discussion.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How so? Dumba is a 50 point RHS defenseman and exactly what Toronto needs. Minny could some more offense in addition to what they already have (which is quite good) & spurgeon is a 37 point defenseman which a first + a so so prospect could fetch
You have no clue how good Spurgeon is, do you? First pairing Dmen do not go for a late first and a so-so prospect, or the Leafs would already have one.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino