GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/29/16 7:00pm EST CBC (HD), TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
R7JQGrA.jpg

WlGxUOM.jpg

bL0niu9.jpg

Last Game

:habs

:habs :leafs

Habs Vault

Go :habs Go

Last edited:

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
Great GDT, I will be looking forward to the Habs demolishing the Leafs as I live in Leaf country (even though I see more habs merch on the streets) and am already tired of my friends telling me the Leafs are going to win going away.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Woah man, can mods clean this up? I'm a huge habs fan but Toronto is a nice city, and I'm also a Canadian and am proud of our only NBA team and our only MLB team.

And the Argo's who play in Canada's League, and Toronto FC who have helped bring football to the attention of people in Ontario.

Naw, screw Toronto and everything in it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's the new Russian import player!

I'll change it shortly, Biron stays though, he brought that upon himself ;)

Nice GDT. Small typo on "choosen", otherwise looking good.

Thanks for the thread.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I really don't like Weber and Emelin going against that amazing Leafs young speedy forward group. This is a game that Beaulieu should be on the first pairing and play 20+ minutes a game. But we do have MT as the head coach so who am I kidding.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
14656310_10154499318597177_4928790454148479957_n.jpg

It's really nothing personal towards Matthews. And I do understand the annoyance. Not with the Leafs. It's LeafNation media. Argh! I just don't need to hear the same story from Dave Poulin, Jeff Marek, Jeff O'Neill, Don Cherry, Ray Ferraro, Pierre McGuire, Bob Cole, Jamie McLennan, Kelly Hrudey, Martin Biron, Steve Simmons, Glen Healy, Craig Button, Doug MacLean, Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, James Duthie, Nick Kypreos, John Buccigross, Gord Miller, Darren Pang, Elliott Friedman &/or Damian Cox 4,000 times a day!

It would be like you going to a coffee shop. There's 3 Leafer fans woot wooting about Matthews. You chime on on how exciting Laine is & they respond with, "Who? Yeah, whatever!"

Lost in this conversation is Travis Konecny (PHI) & Devin Shore (DAL). And it's lost & buried under the sheer weight of the Big 3 in media Leaf land. Both are a point up on Marner but you'll never hear about that!

So even though the Leafs are down & we should have class, it's difficult to. And it's not the orgs fault nor the fans. It's that media :rant:

GO HABS GO!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hate to say it but Matthews deserves the attention. The guy is the real deal and its good to have a marketable face in the league. I hate that the leafs got him, but I can't throw salt his way because he is a really good player.

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
Hate to say it but Matthews deserves the attention. The guy is the real deal and its good to have a marketable face in the league. I hate that the leafs got him, but I can't throw salt his way because he is a really good player.
Absolutely he does but this isn't new. LeafNation media has been giving me headaches for decades! This is not a shot at Matthews.

Sometimes it's time to let the fans decide & let it go. They won't. $$$

I watch HockeyCentral at noon & they talk Leafs &/or Matthews & Co. for 15 minutes. There are 29 other teams. Give us Matthews but put it a tighter nice package. Fans aren't dumb

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Probably not the best thing to say in this case...There are quite a lot of Habs fans in Toronto (including myself).
The Jays and Raptors are Canada's only teams in their respective leagues, and they've done more than make all of Canada proud. The last 2 years have been very exciting times in Toronto, and I personally love it.

Go Habs Go but show a little respect.

I'm from Montreal and I absolutely agree with all of this. I'm very proud of the Jays and the Raptors, and I love the city of Toronto. Only the Maple Leafs are a :shakehead for me (being a Habs fan)... but should the Habs not make it as far in the playoffs as Toronto *KNOCK ON WOOD*, by all means I will be routing for a fellow Canadian team. Canada needs to bring home a cup, it's been far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad