Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs v Vancouver Canucks - Sat Feb 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Earlier game tomorrow 6:00pm

Last game before the break. Let's end on a good note.

kessel_and_jvr.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

vs

8356913.jpg

p.s. yes I'm aware a Sedin is injured, but makes for a better title.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Need to win this. Important game for many reasons.

We haven't beat Vancouver in 10 years, and this is the season to get the monkey off our backs. We broke the drought against Phoenix, finally beat Chicago, won a game in Calgary, and other streaks that the team hasn't really had before. Let's add another one to the list.

Right now, the Leafs are on the upswing, while Vancouver is in no man's land and needs a serious re-haul. They've lost their last six, and things are looking pretty bleak with Henrik out as well. This game could go a long way in building that confidence to be a legit playoff team. Don't take Vancouver lightly, and just hammer them through and through. Forget keeping it a close game, go for the blowout, and stick the dagger in deep.

It's been 10 years too long, just end the drought already. Now is the best chance they've had in years, it's a prime opportunity.

Would love to shut up the Casuck fans too, they're crying about their team right now but they still want to win this one real bad, some fans were even saying "Just beat the leafs it's all I care about, even if we tank the rest of the season". Don't give them that satisfaction, please! Continue their misery, destroy them. Would love to rock these chumps and go into the break on a high note.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Vancouver will be extra hungry, nobody wants 2 weeks to think about their current 7 game losing streak but if the Leafs show up like they can, it won't matter.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Going to the game tomorrow night. Had no idea until yesterday that the game was at 6pm. It's not even on my ticket. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people coming late thinking it's a 7pm start. I don't remember the Leafs ever playing a 6pm Saturday night game.

Here's hoping the Leafs hand them a 7th straight loss. Hate the nucks more then any team (even the Habs) :sarcasm:

mikebel111*

will miss likely first 2 periods because of class.

if we lose this game even though the VAN Canuckalheads are seriously struggling, I will not be happy

PS: I will change the name I gave the Canucks if it isn't appropriate. let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

leafstilldeath*

Want Kassian's head tomorrow. Need to beat the CaSucks on the scoresheet, onthe ice and into their darkest demons.

Everbody go after Kassian every shift that d-bag is on the ice and I wanna see sedin sister cry hit his ass into oblivion

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We have to beat these guys up while they're hurting. Get some Bolland revenge.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Going to the game tomorrow night. Had no idea until yesterday that the game was at 6pm. It's not even on my ticket. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people coming late thinking it's a 7pm start. I don't remember the Leafs ever playing a 6pm Saturday night game.

Here's hoping the Leafs hand them a 7th straight loss. Hate the nucks more then any team (even the Habs) :sarcasm:

Leafs sent an email to Subscribers yesterday about the start time. I imagine many of those who obtained tickets through other means will be late though.

Also there will be a ceremony before the game "to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the 1964 Stanley Cup winning team".

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Leafs sent an email to Subscribers yesterday about the start time. I imagine many of those who obtained tickets through other means will be late though.

Also there will be a ceremony before the game "to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the 1964 Stanley Cup winning team".
We are doomed.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Don't much like our chances against this team, we do not have a lot of success versus them.

Hopefully we can put an end to their domination of us the last bunch of years.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Don't much like our chances against this team, we do not have a lot of success versus them.

Hopefully we can put an end to their domination of us the last bunch of years.

They definitely have our number.

But we eventually beat Boston, so eventually we will get over them too.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I know Canucks are currently struggling but I seriously can't even remember the last time we beat this team...

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Please win. I hate how smug and arrogant their fanbase acts.

They seem to have some sort of personal agenda against the Leafs too. The hate is strong among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad