Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Rankings:
1. William Nylander - 82.35%
2. Mitch Marner - 94.59%​

Now that the obvious top two choices are out of the way I'll put a poll up every couple days (assuming there are no more blowouts).

Last edited:

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Gonna be a toss up between Kappy and Browny. I basically voted Kappy because of draft position which is not right but sue me

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
This one is a toughie between Kap and Brown. I went with Kap on it though. Some people look at his point totals in the A and don't think they're all that impressive but when you consider he typically wouldn't even be in the AHL right now, they are actually pretty solid. He's still in the top 25 all-time for 19 year AHL scorers (P/PG). Ahead of guys like Anisimov, Tatar, JT Miller, Nathan Horton, Brandon Sutter, Mika Zibanejad, and others.

Brown will likely be with the Leafs next year while Kap will likely be back with the Marlies, but in the end I think Kap ends up as the better player.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Was close but I've gotta go with Kap here.

In his draft + 2 year brown was still in the OHL (albeit winning a scoring title).

Kapanen is have a similar year (despite injury troubles) that Brown did in his draft + 3 season, a year earlier. Greater ceiling, even though Brown is probably higher on the call-up totem pole

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I love Kapanen, and I think he is doing far better than his AHL numbers show right now (like KGL said). The kid has all-around game. I voted for Brown by a hair. But I wouldn't argue with anyone picking Kasperi.

Add Jeremy Morin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Brown.

How did Marner not win with 100% in the last one?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I voted brown over kapanen only because atm brown is closer to nhl ready imo. Kapanen could have a huge spurt though

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I voted Kapanen - he's younger and slightly higher upside imo (if he pieces it all together). Brown being injured this year also plays a role for me. Some people don't bounce back from injuries and I want to ensure he does before I would vote for him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I went with Brown because every time someone doubts him, he exceeds expectations. Also think he has the best work ethic on the team, and is a guy that can be a future captain.

So hard not to pick Kappy though:cry: Harder for me than Nylander/Marner

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Torn between Johnson, Kapanen and Timashov.
All performing VERY well for their age and league.

Don't think Connor Brown's game translates to the show ... he doesn't have the speed or agility to create seperation. He might be OK in the NHL ... but I think the 3 above are easily better.

Went with Kapanen though ... love the speed ... love how he is already in the A.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
It's basically a coin flip between Brown and Kapanen.

I voted for Brown but it was a tough decision.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Don't think Connor Brown's game translates to the show ... he doesn't have the speed or agility to create seperation. He might be OK in the NHL ... but I think the 3 above are easily better.

Wholeheartedly disagree. He's probably the one that will find transitioning to the NHL the easiest. While his offensive potential at the top level is a bit of a mystery, his instincts, positioning, defensive ability and work ethic are top notch. Who knows how far that will take him, but I think he'll be a player Babcock will love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad