The Star: Toronto Maple Leafs looking for a new face of the franchise

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Lol, this article is not about "the face of the franchise", it is about another crappy Toronto sportswriter trying to one up his peers so that he can claim the crown of "face of the dungheap that is the Toronto Media". Just keep kicking them when they are down and in this case in a state of absolute shock...that's the ticket!:help:

I see. I don't bother giving hits to ghetto tabloids, so I was going off the title of the thread.

Man, did that ever work out great! Imagine how badly the Leafs would have finished the past few years if they'd had to deal with that media attention! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

We'll find out how the team does with the circus around them this season. Carlyle may need to step up his media game.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This seems like someone trying to stir up something out of nothing. I guess that's how a lowly reporter gets noticed in Toronto.

Lol, that's right media, let's keep destroying the team and then blame everyone else when nobody wants to play here.

This team is so ****ed its not even funny....

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
No he wrote an article based on how dim-witted the man is.

And how Kessel lacks social skills.

And how there is no one else to be a leader and be able to communicate at a baseline level to the media than the comeback kid Joffrey Lupul.

This can't be news to you.
Is that you Feschuk?

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Thank You, this is the premise of the article.

Who will take responsibility if the team struggles this season? Wasn't it Phaneuf who skipped out post-game media scrums late last season? Burke won't be around to demand everyone's attention anymore. It is a valid question.

Yup, now the players will have to answer to every moronic piece of **** Cox/ Simmons/ Berger etc. write to stir up crap for nothing, and the 'intelligent' hockey fans in Toronto will eat it up and recycle it like fact, and then wanna fire Nonis/ next gm/ gm after that/ etc wondering why nobody wants to play in this 'special' hockey market. And 40 years from now we will be able to keep talking about all the great names we keep running out of this market, while staring down a 90 year cup drought.

This place is hilarious!!!

Mr Scarface*

Vinny earned it though. They gave it to him, realized it was a big of a mistake to give him that responsibility out of hype, and let him re-earn it.

While Stamkos is best player, he's not necessarily the face. Vinny won them a cup, a Rocket (like Stamkos), and has been there for 14 years. I'm sure Tampa fans see him just as we saw Mats. (and Stamkos as the heir to the throne)
I remember John Torttorella really schooling Vinny behind the bench during those stanley cup playoffs back in the day and all that... he yelled at him like an angry turtle. Tortorella played a huge role in making Lecavalier a better player, and a better Captain of course. He teached him so many things.
Vincent Lecavalier went through an amazing journey of growth with his sensei: John Tortorella

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Or the weak of stomach....

Apparently being a reporter isn't for the strong of mind either....Or of the intellectually honest... Or he'll, even of the creative anymore. I don't think they even try anymore.

Well it got you all upset, ranting on Hfboards about it so he's gotta be doing something right, no?

I think it's spot on actually. The only player with a personality and the game to back it up is Lupul.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Well it got you all upset, ranting on Hfboards about it so he's gotta be doing something right, no?

I think it's spot on actually. The only player with a personality and the game to back it up is Lupul.
You call it something right, I call it continuing the legacy. Have at it.... See you in 2053!!!

Ps- I had no doubt you would think it was spot on... Being such an 'apologist' for the media and all.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
You call it something right, I call it continuing the legacy. Have at it.... See you in 2053!!!

Ps- I had no doubt you would think it was spot on... Being such an 'apologist' for the media and all.

What exactly is so wrong about this article?

You've been making quite a scene in here but said zero about the actual content of the newspaper article.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006

Hopefully phaneuf takes it better then some around here. If I were Nonis, I'd put up a note in the dressing room telling everyone not to read that article to Dion.

I kid, I kid.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The article itself is the problem.

Forgive me for prying but I'm trying to get down to what exactly your problem is.

So you don't have a problem with the words Feshchuk wrote in the article, but you have a problem with the article existing.

Am I getting that right?

You don't feel people should have a right to write about the team?

Not a big freedom of the press and speech fan?

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Forgive me for prying but I'm trying to get down to what exactly your problem is.

So you don't have a problem with the words Feshchuk wrote in the article, but you have a problem with the article existing.

Am I getting that right?

You don't feel people should have a right to write about the team?

Not a big freedom of the press and speech fan?

Yup, exactly what I said. Well done ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes