GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Florida Panthers Thurs Feb 27th at 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaggenFS

Jul 28, 2012
Every game moving forward is the most important so far but this is truly a make it or break it kind of game. The start is suuuper important because these are two teams who can fold pretty easily if things get tough.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
the canes smothered us. Florida doesn't play that style of game and like you said theyre just coming back from a decently long road trip. usually teams playing at home after a long road trip dont play that well so hopefully the leafs cease the opportunity

We can't go by that kind of theory, look what happens when we are playing a team on their 2nd of B2B's (Canes for example) and we all say that we should beat them because of that. I feel that teams get more energized and worked-up to beat the Leafs because half the team has family and friends in the building. It's always been like that. BTW, the Panthers did smother the Yotes pretty good last night in winning 2-1.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'd rather have Rosen in the lineup instead of Marincin. That defense is nightmarish without our 1D and 2D and even Ceci who would be our 5-6D if healthy.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Now with Muzzin out, the D allocation becomes real interesting. Keefe has no choice but to give Sandin and Lilly more responsibility.
What are we thinking now?
Dermott-Holl
Sandin-Barrie
Rosen-Lilly

Here is what I would do.
Sandin-Holl(mid usage)
Dermott-Lilly(familiarity playing with each other/mid usage)
Rosen-Barrie(sheltered line)

Reactions: saffronleaf

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Now with Muzzin out, the D allocation becomes real interesting. Keefe has no choice but to give Sandin and Lilly more responsibility.
What are we thinking now?
Dermott-Holl
Sandin-Barrie
Rosen-Lilly

Here is what I would do.
Sandin-Holl(mid usage)
Dermott-Lilly(familiarity playing with each other/mid usage)
Rosen-Barrie(sheltered line)

Im not comfortable with Sandin, Dermott or Marincin playing shutdown minutes.

You to wonder if we call OTT about Hainsey, or DET about Daley

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
So this D is going to be in some big trouble... if they make it... it's a testament to how this team plays as a whole down the stretch.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014

That’s a good point, you can still make trades they just can’t play in the playoffs right? Getting Hainsey till playoffs would work. Especially since we get Rielly and Muzzin back around that time

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I'm not either but do we really have a choice if there are no trades? Honestly Hainsey would be perfect.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That’s a good point, you can still make trades they just can’t play in the playoffs right? Getting Hainsey till playoffs would work. Especially since we get Rielly and Muzzin back around that time

I'm not either but do we really have a choice if there are no trades? Honestly Hainsey would be perfect.

DET fan says theyd give us Daley for a 6th. I’m sure OTT would give us Hainsey for a pick.

Honestly might be the best optiom

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Well, cross our fingers and hope for the best:

Dermott-Holl
Marincin-Barrie
Sandin-Liljegren
Rosen

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Stopping Barkov, Huberdeau and co. missing three of our top-4 defensemen is going to be... challenging.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Id consider playing 7 D.

Keefe should spend today and tomorrow teaching them the trap.

I get that it's boring and we all hate it, but given the circumstances, it's probably the right strategy for the next couple of weeks.

Question is whether our forwards would actually commit to it until we get healthier on the D.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Take away Barrie and before Sandin arrived, and this is pretty much the defence Keefe had with the Marlies. Difference is a huge step up in competition.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Hyman Matthews Marner
Kapanen Tavares Nylander
Engvall Kerfoot Spezza
Clifford _____ Malgin

Dermott Holl
Sandin Liljegren
Rosen Barrie
Marincin

Status
Not open for further replies.