GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN/CBC/TVAS - The Mindset, Dedication and Commitment Edition ™

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The victim syndrome runs deep, Reeves was lamenting how a kid can get away with... Shooting a puck in the En in a disrespectful manner, and now they'll be without their top D for 6 or however many games. Apparently a crosscheck to the face is getting away with it, and also Rielly getting suspended was completely unavoidable since he had no other recourse to Greig's actions aside from, checks notes, letting him get away with it by cross-checking him in the face...
It's both unbelievable and honestly pretty entertaining. Reaves and Keefe just come off looking so bad here imo. There's no argument. Their guy lost his cool and cross checked someone in the face, being taunted, no matter the taunting, is completely irrelevant at that point and in the context of a suspension.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Man, i wish we played them again this year.

How f***ing funny would it be if the stars aligned and greig did the exact same thing again?

Actually maybe it should just be a new team tradition going forward. All our empty net goals against the leafs are gonna be vicious slappers now.

That would be f***ing hilarious.
I vote for faking the slap shot, skating around the net and Michigan'ing it in! Probably had enough time given how slow Rielly pursude him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reading the Leafs thread on this is entertaining. A lot of them really believe they're being screwed by this and perpetuate a conspiracy of being picked on lol. Would we be this blind if it were our player that did it?
Some might. :)

I vote for faking the slap shot, skating around the net and Michigan'ing it in! Probably had enough time given how slow Rielly pursude him.
I think we should call an EN goal a Riddly if it is slapshot into the EN.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Love it! Dude just forfeited $200k in salary because some guy took a slap shot on an empty net!!

Talk about a stupid play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad