GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN/CBC/TVAS - The Mindset, Dedication and Commitment Edition ™

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The next time Grieg has an opportunity to score an empty net against the Leafs I want him to fake a slap shot a la Alfie fake throwing a stick

According to the Code, celebrating like a dickhead after scoring is fine. See: Matthews and his jersey jerk off celebration.

So if Greig scores, then celebrates by making a slapshot motion in front of the net, that should be ok.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Is there a clip?
According to the Code, celebrating like a dickhead after scoring is fine. See: Matthews and his jersey jerk off celebration.

So if Greig scores, then celebrates by making a slapshot motion in front of the net, that should be ok.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

This is probably the most confusing part in all of this.

Aren't we officially in the hot dog era? It seems like "the code", at least as the old heads see it, has basically been tossed aside already.

These guys act like they're never going to score another goal they celebrate so hard. Often in ways to try to taunt the opposing teams fans. 1-0, 20-0, doesn't seem to matter sometimes.

Reactions: Senscore

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but to see Elliott Friedman also downplay Rielly smashing his stick right into Grieg's face still managed to do so.

There really is no one left with integrity who is employed by Rogers/Bell.

Reactions: gab6511 and DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but to see Elliott Friedman also downplay Rielly smashing his stick right into Grieg's face still managed to do so.

There really is no one left with integrity who is employed by Rogers/Bell.

Kelly Hrudey was the only logical guy there and everyone jumped on him.

What’s funny is that he’ll probably be proven right.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Kelly Hrudey was the only logical guy there and everyone jumped on him.

What’s funny is that he’ll probably be proven right.
Reda last night called out Biron and the Seth MacFarlane lookalike for basically promoting a cross check to the head and arguing the suspension was worth it. I'm sure it's somewhat scripted, but he got pretty fired up in a couple moments. Then the meatheads took the mic back and doubled down. Hopefully Reda is proven right today, but I'm sure all these guys will spin it again somehow to try to save face.

Reactions: DrEasy and NyQuil

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Morgan Rielly supports his teammate at 1:00 on the Youtube video lol

Now imagine if Greig mooned the Maple Leafs :sarcasm:

But this below... I have hard time believing people can't be that *******

I guess I'll never be able to really realize it

A reaction was totally expected but to defend a gesture that is about to warrant a suspension from the league... I mean, mega huge SIGH

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Morgan Rielly supports his teammate at 1:00 on the Youtube video lol

Now imagine if Greig mooned the Maple Leafs :sarcasm:

But this below... I have hard time believing people can't be that *******

I guess I'll never be able to really realize it

A reaction was totally expected but to defend a gesture that is about to warrant a suspension from the league... I mean, mega huge SIGH

Rewind to when he came in the league in…..2010 lmao. Yeah it was a butchers league back in that day for sure. They just make shit up

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The next time Grieg has an opportunity to score an empty net against the Leafs I want him to fake a slap shot a la Alfie fake throwing a stick

I was thinking the same thing.

Or perhaps even better if he gets a breakaway, fake the slapper and then slide the puck in past whatever cardboard cutout is tending goal for the Leafs that night.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Looks like this was the series ending goal in round 2, game 5 of the 1998 playoffs.

Really surprising that Calle Johansson is still alive! :sarcasm:

I mean, dat disripeck

Rewind to when he came in the league in…..2010 lmao. Yeah it was a butchers league back in that day for sure. They just make shit up

He meant that back then, he would have been allowed to send Greig to the hospital

Hey ******, there was a time when drinking and driving was cool too.

Damn, people are stupid

Last edited:

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Screenshot_20240213_140238_X.jpg

In the meantime...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Exactly what I thought would happen after the slap shot. However, Reilly is not a fighter & guys are always tougher with a stick in their hand than without one. If Reilly would have dropped the gloves it would have been fun to see Greig give him a dance lesson. :laugh:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How funny would it be if Rielly fought him and lost?
Idk how good a fighter he is, but Rielly is physically very strong, has been since his draft year. Bobby Ryan said something along the lines of hit him was like hitting a brick wall,

Senovision

May 23, 2011
The Trifecta of awesomeness would have been:
-We won the game 5 to 3.
-Ridley's slapshot into the empty net
-Ridley knocks Morgan Reilly out in a fight
1707855489090.png

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The Trifecta of awesomeness would have been:
-We won the game 5 to 3.
-Ridley's slapshot into the empty net
-Ridley knocks Morgan Reilly out in a fight
I feel like that game was like Example A of why that team is going nowhere if they make the playoffs. I found that very satisfying. I can't imagine being a fan of that team and actually hoping for a different result this year. It might actually be the worst roster they've put together around their baby shit soft core 4 yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad