GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - Jan 19th, 2022 - 7:30 SN/TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's certainly going to be a big test of Sandin, Liljegren, Dermott and Biega... it's also a big opportunity given their expanded responsibility... I always see these as opportunities to grow as a player. Let's hope they do.
Trial by fire.
Personally I think they’ll be fine tonight, expecting a big win.

Reactions: aingefan

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Without Rielly or Muzzin dressed I have always believed the Leafs defense would look very suspect and today is one of those days 1 of their top 2 is missing.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Dermott - Biega

Going to be an interesting test to see how it holds up tonight against a good NYR team.

“If this team is missing their 2 best D, the defense won’t look as good”

Thanks Einstein

Rubyblue

Apr 13, 2021
highly doubt that’s happening. I suspect they will split Brodie and Rielly, especially if Holl is still out.

I’m assuming it’ll be

Rielly - Dermott
Brodie - Liljegren
Sandin - Biega
Smallest defense in the league.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ya, I’m not sure what Mess’ point is
Think he’s saying that if they are missing one of Muzzin or Rielly things aren’t as balanced.
Not wrong but it would probably be the same for most teams.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Without Rielly or Muzzin dressed I have always believed the Leafs defense would look very suspect and today is one of those days 1 of their top 2 is missing.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Dermott - Biega

Going to be an interesting test to see how it holds up tonight against a good NYR team.

I am feeling another Lily one timer from Sandin's feed tonight for a beautiful goal.

Lets go BABY!!!!!!

:yo:

Reactions: aingefan and Lauro

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Smallest defense in the league.

upload_2022-1-19_11-22-55.png

Biega is 5'10

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kinda curious to see the D pairings tonight.

would be interested to see how Sandin and Liljegren do on the second pairing.

Perhaps a look into the not so distant future

Reactions: aingefan

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Think he’s saying that if they are missing one of Muzzin or Rielly things aren’t as balanced.

I think it is 100 the same for every team. No one is getting better if their 1 or 2 goes down.

I can't think of a single team that has depth where their 7th D would even come close to a 1 or 2

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I'm excited to see it. There may be some bumps along the way but these two are imo clear top4 maybe top pair talents who haven't had much opportunity to show it on this deep leafs' dcorps. Other teams have benefitted from injecting their talented 21 and 22yr Olds into their top 4s and I think we will as well.

Reactions: Lauro

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Would be worst for most other teams, tbh.

Most teams don't have 3 top pair quality vets like rielly/brodie/muzz as well as great depth like sandin/liljegren/holl/dermott.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I'm excited to see it. There may be some bumps along the way but these two are imo clear top4 maybe top pair talents who haven't had much opportunity to show it on this deep leafs' dcorps. Other teams have benefitted from injecting their talented 21 and 22yr Olds into their top 4s and I think we will as well.

They could play amazing yet some media people will still say both can't be in the lineup in the playoffs.

Reactions: zeke

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Literally just doing cardio out there.

Hasn't even thrown a hit in the last 3 games.
It is frustrating. He was brought in the first time as "grit and toughness" which in theory I don't have a problem with...he didn't provide either of those things during his first sting and is now significantly worse then he was during his first time here. There is no world where Anderson isn't of more value then what Clifford is right now. Our 4th line is an absolute dumpster fire as constructed.

Reactions: Havoc

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Has anyone heard anything about when some of the rescheduled game are going to be during the Olympic break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad