GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at New York Rangers - Jan 19th, 2022 - 7:30 SN/TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
This is an insult to some of the posters....they dont want to be hired by MLSE they want to OWN MLSE and the entire NHL.
That will be extremely unlikely unless they can convince their parents to invest in more bandwidth for the basement.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Well.. for those who say we can't possibly play Liljegren and Sandin in the playoffs if Muzzin/Holl go down will get a bit of a preview of what that may look like tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the added responsibility as a group.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Well.. for those who say we can't possibly play Liljegren and Sandin in the playoffs if Muzzin/Holl go down will get a bit of a preview of what that may look like tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the added responsibility as a group.

If go in with two very green D into the playoffs we are totally done

Even with Holl and Muzzin leafs will need to add a bigger size D

Sourcer or Oleksiak from Kraken would be my choice

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’m expecting a high octane goaltending battle

both goalies will have .920+ and shots will be above 35

Both teams have only solved the other goaltender 3 times in 3 games

this should be exciting and I’m hoping for Matthews to have a huge game and stay right in Ovi and draisaitls tails

hope Nylander can get off his “snide” of no points in 2 games

Big chance for Sandin and Liljegren to show they can stick it in the top 4. Hope they kill it

Jack is coming off a shaky game vs St. Louis so he’s probably gonna be fired up to play well

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
If go in with two very green D into the playoffs we are totally done

Even with Holl and Muzzin leafs will need to add a bigger size D

Sourcer or Oleksiak from Kraken would be my choice
Blues won with a 22 year old Vince Dunn playing 19 minutes a night.

Penguins won with a 21 year old Olli Maatta playing 20 minutes a night and a 22 year old Derrick Pouliot playing 16 minutes a night

Tampa won with a 22 year old Cernak playing 19 minutes a night and a 21 year old Sergachev playing over 20 minutes a night.

But sure playing two good young defensemen means we're screwed.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Penguins won with a 21 year old Olli Maatta playing 20 minutes a night and a 22 year old Derrick Pouliot playing 16 minutes a night

Tampa won with a 22 year old Cernak playing 19 minutes a night and a 21 year old Sergachev playing over 20 minutes a night.

Its almost like having good young players is better than crappy bottom roster vets.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

All those teams you had mentioned have players like Peitraneglo, Parayako, Hedman, Bouwmeester, Letang, McDonagh

As good as Sandin is and so is Lilly. They haven't played at the level of Sargecheyev, Dunn, Cernak who was a beast

Montreal last year had Romanov but they also had Weber

I like Sandin and Lilly. The upside is very high but you play them both with our D upfront, no way you get out of first round

If you the big guys I mentioned above sure you can slot them in.

Holl is trash and Muzzin is trending that way
So you want the kids carrying the load with Reilly ?

Check out what Vegas did to Girard, Bowem, and Makar last year. Absolutely murdered them

Reactions: ToneDog

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
All those teams you had mentioned have players like Peitraneglo, Parayako, Hedman, Bouwmeester, Letang, McDonagh

As good as Sandin is and so is Lilly. They haven't played at the level of Sargecheyev, Dunn, Cernak who was a beast

Montreal last year had Romanov but they also had Weber

I like Sandin and Lilly. The upside is very high but you play them both with our D upfront, no way you get out of first round

If you the big guys I mentioned above sure you can slot them in.

Holl is trash and Muzzin is trending that way
So you want the kids carrying the load with Reilly ?

Check out what Vegas did to Girard, Bowem, and Makar last year. Absolutely murdered them

Muzzin is not trending towards trash That's ridiculous

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It’s not certain they’re screwed but unless I’m not remembering correctly, Sandin and Dermott weren’t exactly instrumental in helping the Leafs get past round one last year. They may be great this year but the optimism could certainly be tempered.

*** Sorry for being off topic, didn’t realize this was the GDT.

Reactions: Havoc

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
I didn't think Muzzin has looked sharp lately, then again it may be Holl bringing him down...

Finally a game, it feels like an eternity between games.

Go Leafs Go!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Without Rielly or Muzzin dressed I have always believed the Leafs defense would look very suspect and today is one of those days 1 of their top 2 is missing.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Dermott - Biega

Going to be an interesting test to see how it holds up tonight against a good NYR team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Without Rielly or Muzzin dressed I have always believed the Leafs defense would look very suspect and today is one of those days 1 of their top 2 is missing.

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Dermott - Biega

Going to be an interesting test to see how it holds up tonight against a good NYR team.

It's certainly going to be a big test of Sandin, Liljegren, Dermott and Biega... it's also a big opportunity given their expanded responsibility... I always see these as opportunities to grow as a player. Let's hope they do.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Dermott - Biega

Can't WAIT for your full report after the game.

Reactions: Mugzy97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad