GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (22-23-3) [L6] @ New Jersey Devils (17-22-8) [W1] | 7:30PM | SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
You are overestimating this team.

These next 6 games are all the exact games we never win. New Jersey and Arizona are 3 guaranteed loses, it seems we can never beat those two

I can see us going 2-4, beating Nashville and Edmonton

Edit: Am I allowed to post this here? Or was I supposed to agree and that we would go 5-1, or 6-0? Not trying to be a smart ass, just don't know what dictates "cheering to lose" or tank comments, from honest opinions about our team.

Of course you are allowed to state your opinion as to what you believe will happen. :)

I think this next stretch of winnable games is make or break for Leafs season.. I'm sure Leafs coaching are stressing that.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I'll be at this game tonight. Should I do anything that doesn't involve throwing my jersey on the ice? Haha

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
OMG, you're saying if Gardiner does well tonight, Franson will be traded tomorrow!!!! Thanks for the insight Chuck, if you are wrong, i'm going to be pissed at you!!!!

:sarcasm:

Admins, force block this guy!!!! Lol

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Of course you are allowed to state your opinion as to what you believe will happen. :)

I think this next stretch of winnable games is make or break for Leafs season.. I'm sure Leafs coaching are stressing that.

Any amount of stress on this team results in them going out and laying an egg. Coaches should just tell them every game is meaningless and we'd be in the playoffs.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
B8cJ5sNCYAE3sFK.jpg

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
How long before JVR-Bozak-Kessel line is put back together?

Lol no kidding. Horachuk is good at making scrambled eggs, he will probably juggle the whole 4 lines like 50 times tonight, give them no time to gel and get a groove together and they will look like a rat body with a dog head and a lizard tail.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Gardiner/Kadri on the PP point seems like the ultimate in high risk high reward.

Kinda feels like they'll either score or give up a shorty every time.

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
I love Komarov but not sure if he will be able to keep up with Kadri and Kessel. I think his job will be just to get to the front of the net and disrupt things.

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
Gardiner/Kadri on the PP point seems like the ultimate in high risk high reward.

Kinda feels like they'll either score or give up a shorty every time.

Hit the nail on the head with the Kadri/Gardiner. Totally see us giving up a shorty to the Devils tonight, or scoring in the first Powerplay.
I wonder if how trapped in the NJ spiderweb we will get tonight. If we get down 2 goals early, light out boys.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I know NJ isn't an offensive powerhouse, but I think the absense of Phaneuf will be a problem here. I still can't believe I'm defending him...

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
Horachuk needs to start a checking line for the first shift of the game, send a message for us, instead of diaper changing bozak and Kessel. "Don't hit me, you might make the poop come out of my diaper."

s1r0ky

Mr. Optimistic
Oct 2, 2010
Toronto

With Komarov, Holland and Lupul back soon I can see this being true. We could win 7 of the next 10 games and possibly be back in.

And then lose the next 7 :sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Please win tonight Leafs. We desperately need the 2 points to climb out of the basement! Must win game if you know what I mean.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Hit the nail on the head with the Kadri/Gardiner. Totally see us giving up a shorty to the Devils tonight, or scoring in the first Powerplay.
I wonder if how trapped in the NJ spiderweb we will get tonight. If we get down 2 goals early, light out boys.

Exactly. Gardiner and Kadri on the point on the pp sounds like all kinds of trouble holding the puck in.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Basketball can get really unwatchable, I find. I love watching hockey, so this is an easy decision for me. Leafs all the way. I don't even remember the last time I watched a full Raptors game. Hockey>basketball AINEC.

Yup. I completely agree.

It's funny because I was having this exact conversation with my best friend about a month or so ago and he was telling me IIRC he thinks the NBA is more exciting because it's a game where individual players are capable of having much more of an mpact between wins and losses you often get duels between the stars a lot more. If Cleveland play OKC for example you have a MUCH better chance of seeing Lebron and KD both go off and put on a show trying to one up eachother than if the Pens play the Caps and it's Crosby v Ovechkin.

I got it from my twitter account. That's EXACTLY what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad