Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Laughs all the way to the bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So Brossoit outplayed Andersen by a wide margin. Without the own goal he'd have been the star.

Oilers were probably worried about the Talbot injury, but maybe they'll be okay.

Andy looked shaky all night, even on normal shots. Looked behind himself so many times it was weird.

I don't know if Brossoit was lucky or good this game, but man he made some big saves.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
no. but they're high danger chance tracker is available by period:

1st: 9-4
2nd: 5-9
3rd: 4-0
That third period is interesting. My impressions of how things went might have been a bit clouded by the emotions of seeing a game well in hand start to slip away.

Andy looked shaky all night, even on normal shots. Looked behind himself so many times it was weird.

I don't know if Brossoit was lucky or good this game, but man he made some big saves.
Yup. In terms of saves, he did fine tonight. In terms of how he looked, it really wasn't a good night.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Polak puts in effort, I won't argue that. But he stinks. Hyman works hard too, but he's not a first liner. If all it took to make the league was hustle then I'd be there too. Babcock punishes Nylander for anything and everything and rewards Hyman and Polak. Babcock has a track record of double standards. I like Babcock but this is his his weakness.

I totally agree and as a fan it is very frustrating. Hyman is not even a 2nd or possibly 3rd liner in terms of skill or offensive IQ. No vision, no hands, no finish. He is a useful player don't get me wrong but would be better suited to the 3rd line I think. Polak is a head scratcher though, he is truly one of the worst defensemen I have ever seen, and I'm not sure why he is ever allowed to play in the NHL.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Hyman sucks and always will suck. Of all the Marlies grads he is the least deserving. Leivo, Brown at the very least should be playing over him. Leivo was the best of the Marlies group that got called up/aged out. Basically he is another Brown and yet he sits.

Anyone who disagrees with me is either wrong or JIDF

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Their two young future core wingers are shooting below 10% (3.9% and 7.5%, respectively), their goalie had an October that rivaled Vesa Toskala, and their star #1 centre has been clearly hampered by a back injury for the prevailing part of a month.....and you think they're living a charmed life?

Yep.

Some folks are going to be in for quite the shock as Marner and Nylander get back to normal. Andersen has returned more back to form and doesn’t even need to steal games from here on out, just put up an average sv%.

That Oilerr’s own goal by Ruse last night really was the perfect metaphor for the Chia era in Edmonton. “They may score on themselves but at least they do so WITH HEART” lol

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That play with Hainsey getting hit with the shot was extremely scary.

Can you imagine this blueline without him?

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Not pretty at all, but, I think they should take the 2 points and head to Vancouver really, really fast.

The Laughs win, the Laughs win!
looks like a picaso the next day .....grrr still pissed that tsn 4 cut out the feed in Windsor last nite ,I thought we were in the leafs region?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That play with Hainsey getting hit with the shot was extremely scary.

Can you imagine this blueline without him?

I was thinking the same thing at the time. It's unbelievable, but he is arguably our most irreplaceable defenceman right now because of what he brings to the table.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs seem to be living a charmed life this season as everything generally tends to break in their favour even when outplayed and outshot.

Here Russel shots itin his own net with a minute left.

Honest question. Are you actually a Leafs fan? I'm not asking you to be biased at all. But your posts generally perplex me majority of the time.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Gardiner...

Goal #1
Gardiner picks up the puck and has an easy path along the boards to skate it out or he could drop pass it back behind the net out of trouble.
b3lgco.png

But, he's Jake and is easily stripped off the puck by 16 causing a turn over...
2j1rm9l.png

No forward comes back to check 55...1 timer from behind the net and it's in.
2qlsodc.png

GOAL #2
Peels away from the front of the net to double up/puck watch on a person behind the net who is in no position to score...Guess who scores this goal?
2uff2ts.png

2 of the 4 goals directly caused by this idiot's miscues on defense. He seems to be easily removed off the puck, makes low percentage passes in his own end...think's offense first constantly. And his idea of defense seems to be more towards trying to block passes rather than check the people in front of the net or in the slot...why? And don't tell me that's Nylander's man. Nylander is suppose to block passes to the point. It shouldn't take 3 Leafs to check 2 Oilers.

Zaitsev is doing the right thing as he's in between his man's(off screen) path to the front of the net.

But no...Polak ices the puck. Clearly Polak is the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: firstemperor

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Reading through the GDT....I didn't think JVR was that bad last night. He's never going to be great covering the points but he's been noticeable on the back-check and fore-check lately. Really think the problem with our possession game (going either way) starts with Bozak.

I don't think Bozak is a bad player, he actually has good playmaking/vision and clearly is a talented hockey player but he's not a great fit up the middle for our team- given he shares similar weaknesses to Marner.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
sucks for russell. wonder what people will say when a leaf scores on his own net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad