Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I doubt Catton will be there, but that would be ideal. Yakemchuk is a possibility though.
I do, too. My only hope with Catton is this:

Anaheim, Chicago, Columbus all go D.

Demidov, Lindstrom round out the top 6. Iginla goes to the Flames, Someone bets heavy on Eiserman and the other teams panic and go D, something like:

1. Macklin
2. Lev
3. Buium
4. Silayev
5. Lindstrom
6. Demidov
7. Dickinson
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Eiserman
11. Yakemchuk
12. Catton

Its not totally unrealistic considering the Devils don't need another undersized forward, Buffalo has too much young forward talent, not enough D prospects (Komarov isn't high end enough).

Reactions: IronMarshal

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Helenius together with Michkov. Then tank for one year and draft Hagens next year or McKenna one year after? Philly cheesesteak please, thank you.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’d rather hold onto and use the Panthers 1st and Col ‘25 1st but I wonder how much one or both of them onto the 12 overall would move the Flyers up. Personally I don’t think there is a monstrous gap between the guys slated to go 2-5 and the guy that would make it down to the Flyers pick. Wouldn’t shock me if Demidov started falling either. Maybe there is a serious run on Dmen and Catton or Lindstrom make it to 12. Realistically im hoping for Iginla or Eiserman

Reactions: BernieParent

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
2017 was an easy decision too.

Just take the leftover guy.
That was bad luck and a strange draft. Hischier is good but no EP, Makar, or Heiskanen. I’d be a little disappointed if we drafted someone like Greentree, Hage, Nysgard, Senneke, Connelly and that group of players even though they certainly have the potential to be impact players. I just think the top 12-13 guys (unsure how I feel about Yakemchuk) give you better odds. I do think the draft is a bit of a crapshoot after the first few picks and there will certainly guys selected in the top 10 that disappoint. It’s just the nature of the beast. It’s a shame we can’t look into a crystal ball before making a draft pick lol

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I guess we are looking at one of Eiserman, Iginla, Helenius, Yakemchuk, Hage, and Connelly.
I expect Celebrini (rather know), Demidov, Levshunov, Catton, Dickenson, Lindstrom, Parekh, Buium, and Silayev will be most likely be gone. Brandseeg-Nygard, Jiricek, Greentree, and Sennecke are possible too. I would prefer Eiserman, Yakemchuk, or Hage out of the possible guys at this point, but would understand Iginla or Helenius as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When I hear about how there's no consensus #2 among like 12 other guys or so, that sounds good as a blanket, neutral evaluation of the draft, but that's not going to be the case on the draft floor.

That just means everyone is going to have someone else #2, and if your #2 or #3 is falling to 7 or 8, and you have #12, you're not sitting still, because nobody is going to be rating their #2-3 on the same level as #12-13. Just isn't what's going to happen. It's just too many guys to not think that even 2-3 don't stand out.

Now, it takes another team to make a deal because they'll be in the same position, but that tells me there will be attempts to jockey for position. This is where you need an intel-rich operation like Howie Roseman has, where he has about a 95% idea as to what is going to happen in front of him, and know how to make a move to get your guy. Unless you have half of your first round dead-even and graded down, there is no sitting and "waiting for a leftover." If you have a guy, and he's your guy, you have to get your guy.

Some other teams are going to outsmart themselves too and pick someone else. I would be a lot of money that whatever list of guys in this top not-Celebrini tier, one of 'em is gonna fall out to like 20 or something.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I guess we are looking at one of Eiserman, Iginla, Helenius, Yakemchuk, Hage, and Connelly.
I expect Celebrini (rather know), Demidov, Levshunov, Catton, Dickenson, Lindstrom, Parekh, Buium, and Silayev will be most likely be gone. Brandseeg-Nygard, Jiricek, Greentree, and Sennecke are possible too. I would prefer Eiserman, Yakemchuk, or Hage out of the possible guys at this point, but would understand Iginla or Helenius as well.
Don’t want Connelly. He’s done too many stupid things on and off of the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad