Pre-Game Talk: Toronto is the enemy, we are the glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
First saturday night game of the season, against the Toronto Maple Leafs which I heard is a good team but that remain to be seen

They are facing the Jackets tonight in Columbus, so two games in two night might play in our favour. If they want to avoid back-to-back game with the same goaltender they will surely play Hutchinson tonight and Andersen at home.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Of course I have to miss this game due to a wedding, but I'll most likely be on Twitter all night following it.

Bold prediction: Andersen let's in a trash goal from one of our guys early, but then the game ends up going down to the wire.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Of course I have to miss this game due to a wedding, but I'll most likely be on Twitter all night following it.

Bold prediction: Andersen let's in a trash goal from one of our guys early, but then the game ends up going down to the wire.
Lol. This post accurately describes almost every meeting between these two teams. It seems there are always iffy goals early in the game, but always ends up close.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Lol. This post accurately describes almost every meeting between these two teams. It seems there are always iffy goals early in the game, but always ends up close.
It's clockwork; Andersen always lets in a super questionable goal very early on. Last year it was Lehkonen, a couple years prior it was Pacioretty.

Unfortunately for us he usually tightens up afterwards. But he's great at giving us hope to start the game off at least.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Leafs will get at least 5 pp opportunities, I watched their game against Ottawa and it was a pathetic display of officiating in my opinion. If the habs stay out of the box and give the same type of effort as they did last night it should be a win.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The Leafs will get at least 5 pp opportunities, I watched their game against Ottawa and it was a pathetic display of officiating in my opinion. If the habs stay out of the box and give the same type of effort as they did last night it should be a win.

Biased refereeing tomorrow is a give. KK better get ready to spend at least 20 minutes in the box tomorrow.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Biased refereeing tomorrow is a give. KK better get ready to spend at least 20 minutes in the box tomorrow.
It was brutal in the Ottawa game, the leafs are paper tigers, there is no help in the playoffs and sadly they are conditioned to think so. That is a very soft team. There is no cup in the future.

Reactions: angusyoung

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Cmon craig don't tell me ur one of those who think that the refs are biased for the leafs lol.

Did you see how many dumb penalties we took last night. That was the Habs fault not the refs lol

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I sadly do not forsee us winning tomorrow night.

I am prepping myself for a loss so I am not disappointing if we do.

A win would be lovely.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well, at least the Leafs are playing tonight…..and they have to travel before tomorrow, so we might have a chance cause we'll be fighting against a tired team.

This one going to OT again in my book

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Well, at least the Leafs are playing tonight…..and they have to travel before tomorrow, so we might have a chance cause we'll be fighting against a tired team.

I hope not. 3 on 3 against the Leafs is not going to be fun.

I'd rather they channel the spirit of Jacques Martin for one game, box off the Leafs and win 2-1 in regulation.

The Habs just kept up with a Cup contending team that improved over the Summer and had the matchups (plus a hell of a good coach). They can do this.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Never liked the excuse of 2 games in 2 nights blather. Highly athletic kids playing hockey for 40-60 minutes over 2 days.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Cmon craig don't tell me ur one of those who think that the refs are biased for the leafs lol.

Did you see how many dumb penalties we took last night. That was the Habs fault not the refs lol
The reffing was very biased in the Sens vs Leafs game! The penalty calls were garbage and I don't think that I was alone in seeing that.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Toronto's D was dishing out plenty of turnovers last game versus the Sens when they got pressured. The right side of their D is weak defensively so hopefully Tatar, Lehkonen, Drouin and Byron can take advantage of it.

Keys to this game will be having our forwards use their speed and forecheck hard and making sure we stay out of the box.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Never liked the excuse of 2 games in 2 nights blather. Highly athletic kids playing hockey for 40-60 minutes over 2 days.

There's 2 kind of back to back.
You're right….play 20 minutes, take a shower, medias, drive home and sleep and play the following day.
That one is not hard.

But play 20 minutes, take a shower, medias, drive to the plane, board the plane, travel, get off the plane, drive home and sleep.
This one is different for me. When there's travel between it's a little tougher to be fresh like a rose the following morning.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I hope not. 3 on 3 against the Leafs is not going to be fun.

I'd rather they channel the spirit of Jacques Martin for one game, box off the Leafs and win 2-1 in regulation.

The Habs just kept up with a Cup contending team that improved over the Summer and had the matchups (plus a hell of a good coach). They can do this.

Well, i'll take a point on the road against the Leafs….

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Habs can skate with the Leafs, the major difference is their PP is very good, and ours is awful. A must as you said to stay out of the box.

Reactions: OldCraig71

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Toronto's D was dishing out plenty of turnovers last game versus the Sens when they got pressured. The right side of their D is weak defensively so hopefully Tatar, Lehkonen, Drouin and Byron can take advantage of it.

Keys to this game will be having our forwards use their speed and forecheck hard and making sure we stay out of the box.
But for how long? Can we dictate ourselves the tempo? Like by controlling it by concrete stuffs. Make them looking weak on discouraging them. Using mental plays. Finding the way to protect our little lead especially... Because that’s what we lack of in those sequences of this rivalry...

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There's 2 kind of back to back.
You're right….play 20 minutes, take a shower, medias, drive home and sleep and play the following day.
That one is not hard.

But play 20 minutes, take a shower, medias, drive to the plane, board the plane, travel, get off the plane, drive home and sleep.
This one is different for me. When there's travel between it's a little tougher to be fresh like a rose the following morning.

Guess everyone is different.Usually I'm pretty pumped after a game and takes while to decompress. A short flight and then crawl in to the sack a decent sleep and ready to.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Habs can skate with the Leafs, the major difference is their PP is very good, and ours is awful. A must as you said to stay out of the box.
Don’t let them go the box too :D Five on five forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad