Pre-Game Talk: Toronto is the enemy, we are the glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't know how or why you interpreted my post as some sort of inferiority complex.
I’m targeting our general thoughts about a Habs-Leafs game. It’s been over-repeated that cycle of bad vibes. At all, can’t stand for this... That’s not how I’ve been raised in the habstyle. From the beginning like from day 1, I’m seeing themselves like the usual loser. They’re the joke of Canada. We’re the pride of Canada. As with ‘em and the Bruins too, it’s not like the others typical games. Everything can really happens imho.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I find we've played them pretty well last year and outplayed in some of the games. They just take advantage of their chances a lot more because they have higher end skill and lethal snipers. They don't need to play a complete game to beat us, they can get away with one good period. But in terms of 5 on 5 play and generating scoring chances play we've played them pretty tough.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Never liked the excuse of 2 games in 2 nights blather. Highly athletic kids playing hockey for 40-60 minutes over 2 days.
It should have little or no effect at this time of the season. But I do get it when it's Feb/Mar and the back to backs are 3 and 4 of 4 or 3 and 4 of 5.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I’m targeting our general thoughts about a Habs-Leafs game. It’s been over-repeated that cycle of bad vibes. At all, can’t stand for this... That’s not how I’ve been raised in the habstyle. From the beginning like from day 1, I’m seeing themselves like the usual loser. They’re the joke of Canada. We’re the pride of Canada. As with ‘em and the Bruins too, it’s not like the others typical games. Everything can really happens imho.
tbh I still don't understand.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There is bad penalties in almost every games , have you seen the obvious ones not called in the third period or OT last night.

They need to be more strict , yeah the game was fun and fast but rules are rules
The rules defintely change as the game goes along and consistency would be great.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hate to say it but I think we're going to get stomped. They've got great scorers and our D is not great. Nothing would make me happier than to win this one but I think we're going to get smoked.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
The reffing was very biased in the Sens vs Leafs game! The penalty calls were garbage and I don't think that I was alone in seeing that.
Just because calls are bad doesn't mean bias is involved. Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
One Change I would like to see....move Drouin onto the wing for the PP- he played good yesterday but I find he can’t hold the zone on pp. I would slide fleury there (to try)

Weal-Danault-Drouin
Weber-Fleury

Armia-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Petry

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One Change I would like to see....move Drouin onto the wing for the PP- he played good yesterday but I find he can’t hold the zone on pp. I would slide fleury there (to try)

Weal-Danault-Drouin
Weber-Fleury

Armia-Domi-Gallagher
Tatar-Petry

The only way the Tatar / Danault / Gallagher line will be split up is if they struggle for a span of goals or we got injuries where things might be shuffled around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad