Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Dallas - December 6 @ 8:30

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Are we really longing for Mikheyev? The guy gets almost 5M and although he's a hard working player who provided good value defensively, he had the same issue with many other tweeners we've had on the team which is that they couldn't generate the depth scoring when things tightened up in the playoffs. Mikheyev needs time and space to produce and it's not there in playoff settings. Sure, I do like him more than Kerfoot and Engvall, but that's not saying much.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are we really longing for Mikheyev? The guy gets almost 5M and although he's a hard working player who provided good value defensively, he had the same issue with many other tweeners we've had on the team which is that they couldn't generate the depth scoring when things tightened up in the playoffs. Mikheyev needs time and space to produce and it's not there in playoff settings. Sure, I do like him more than Kerfoot and Engvall, but that's not saying much.
Not really a 'longing' more a WTF does he have to do with tonight's game?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Can’t wait for tonight’s game …
Man it would be real nice to get the BIG W
GFLG

1670361316803.jpeg

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
1670361859390.gif

My apologies to anyone who was triggered by my Mik thoughts and opinions, didn’t realize we had to box them into certain threads ??
I’ll be more careful with my thoughts and the timing and categorizing and following threads and possibly triggering or making anyone feel threatened or unhappy or not included or not following protocol or for not taking this ultra serious or having to much fun or having my thoughts monitored 🤭🤪😜😉
GFLG

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Just wanna say the balls on the Portugal coach to bench Ronaldo in a knockout match and then go out and completely trash the opposition.

Just goes on to show that "Team" >>>>>>>>>>> "superstar"

I am still amazed he had the galls to sit Ronaldo's ass down.

I wish we had such accountability in the Leafs management.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
It was torture haying in the rain so heavy plus all the chaff sticking to you and soaking wet clothes and boots, and hence "make hay while the sun shines"

The more you know!
I’m a downtown city boy from Barton and Sherman in the Hammer in the 60s and 70s .
I haven’t a clue 🕵️‍♀️
All we cared about was avoiding bullets and if we would survive from brawling with the other gangs ….😜

So 4th line

Robbie - SDA - ZAR

Yes, no?
Definitely better than anything we’ve bubble wrapped out thus far …🤪

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Just wanna say the balls on the Portugal coach to bench Ronaldo in a knockout match and then go out and completely trash the opposition.

It’s all about the Chorizo and vino amigo

Great course, on the bucket list.
It’s a mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad world you know

My Dad's turf in the 40's and 50's with respect obvioysly going to Railway St.
Ohhhh I know Railway street enough ..
Kudos to your Pops for sure … it wasn’t fun all the time

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Pretty easy to do in a blowout.

Which 'superstar' do you think the Leafs should be benching tonight?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Looking for Matthews , Marner and Nylander to stay hot. For a Robertson to get double dioned like my curly fries. I just hit a sick pump , at the corner variety. The chap behind the counter couldn't believe it.

Looking into implants, of the bio chip variety.

5-1 Toronto

img_1_1670333113593(1).jpg

Might be worth a look. No schenanigans needed. Just bang up those Stars like I do the stairs . Daily. With more ageless wonders than the 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
View attachment 617779

My apologies to anyone who was triggered by my Mik thoughts and opinions, didn’t realize we had to box them into certain threads ??
I’ll be more careful with my thoughts and the timing and categorizing and following threads and possibly triggering or making anyone feel threatened or unhappy or not included or not following protocol or for not taking this ultra serious or having to much fun or having my thoughts monitored 🤭🤪😜😉
GFLG
As long as you've learned your leason. That really is the important part.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
As long as you've learned your leason. That really is the important part.

Don't be a chump , hit those sick pumps and do it all for the glory of not blowing up the plaza I just sub leased to Paul Marner.

Get those Stars , down on the matt and press those bets.

Blow Stars blow

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojalu

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
this year

Mik with the Canucks
8g 7a 15p +5

Our players
2g 2a 4p

3g 3a 6p

1g 9a 10p

Ttl
6g 14a 20p

I’ll leave it to the rest of you geeks to talk about salaries …..but I’m pretty sure it’s at least equal ??? Between 3 players taking up space vs 1 ??

Note :
Go check out Miks goals tonight and all of his 8 goals this season , kinda cool to see a player in the greasy areas to pot some goals isn’t it ?

Didnt we need a Top 6 LWer ?
Other than the amazing MM who else is scoring shorties?
Dont we need players driving to the net ?
I think Mik was well liked
Sure could use his beautiful skating and height couldnt we ?
I thought he at least made contact with the opponent didn’t he ?
We all seemed to like him a lot ?
I think he could fit in our lineup ?
I’m pretty sure that 47 , 15 and 62 wont be with us by years end and for sure ( god I hope ) next year …
Imagine
Knies
Bunts
Mik
Steeves
NR
On our LW
I’m pretty sure Mik is and will get better , I’m pretty sure 47 , 15 and 62 are what they are .
If I not mistaken Mik was pretty fearless ?
I’m pretty sure those other three soft as soft can be will never ever touch the opponent ever ?

Just saying

GFLG
Only thing is, mikheyev never worked with our top players. If memory serves correct, He didn’t gel well with Tavares and nylander, or Matthews and Marner. He won’t ever get PP1 here, and him not playing top 6 would have his stats drop a bit. It sucks that he is doing what he is doing somewhere else, but it is what it is. We need to find a top 6 LW to play 2nd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad