Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Dallas - December 6 @ 8:30

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Only thing is, mikheyev never worked with our top players. If memory serves correct, He didn’t gel well with Tavares and nylander, or Matthews and Marner. He won’t ever get PP1 here, and him not playing top 6 would have his stats drop a bit. It sucks that he is doing what he is doing somewhere else, but it is what it is. We need to find a top 6 LW to play 2nd line

All Mikheyev was to this team is the same thing Kapannen was and Engvall is. Guys with tons of speed and no finish. If he's turned that around, great but that isn't who he was for us. Liked him though, no hard feelings and I wish him well.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Awesome Lmao

Only thing is, mikheyev never worked with our top players. If memory serves correct, He didn’t gel well with Tavares and nylander, or Matthews and Marner. He won’t ever get PP1 here, and him not playing top 6 would have his stats drop a bit. It sucks that he is doing what he is doing somewhere else, but it is what it is. We need to find a top 6 LW to play 2nd line
Knies

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
All Mikheyev was to this team is the same thing Kapannen was and Engvall is. Guys with tons of speed and no finish. If he's turned that around, great but that isn't who he was for us. Liked him though, no hard feelings and I wish him well.
I’ve always thought he was much better than those 2 at least
But I feel the same in the end
Onward and upward
GFLG

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Are we really longing for Mikheyev? The guy gets almost 5M and although he's a hard working player who provided good value defensively, he had the same issue with many other tweeners we've had on the team which is that they couldn't generate the depth scoring when things tightened up in the playoffs. Mikheyev needs time and space to produce and it's not there in playoff settings. Sure, I do like him more than Kerfoot and Engvall, but that's not saying much.
This team has loved Mikhayev-like players for ever. (Speedy, tools, potential...no toolbox)

Kulemin, Grabovski, Kapanen, Grabner

I saw Engvall trending that way too, but he's progressed quickly into scape goat.

I think he's just moaning that puck drop is almost 15 minutes or more after the start time.
He ain't wrong. I'm subconsciously used to it by now...I threw on soccer 5mins after "start time" and felt like I missed half the match.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Ok good omen for tonight, just got the new Jimi Hendrix Dagger release, live in LA 69. Amazingly good vibes for tonight!

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
2 points streaks on the line (Mitch and Stars’ Robertson both on runs). More importantly 2 points in the standings on the line.

I think Gretzky has the record of a 53 game point streak? Only 34 more Mitch.

Will it be Timmins time? SDA in? Strange call up on the road for a Christmas bonus. Maybe someone else is injured.
Actually, Gretzky’s was 51. Still amazing, though.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Just wanna say the balls on the Portugal coach to bench Ronaldo in a knockout match and then go out and completely trash the opposition.

Just goes on to show that "Team" >>>>>>>>>>> "superstar"

I am still amazed he had the galls to sit Ronaldo's ass down.

I wish we had such accountability in the Leafs management.
Fernando Santos is also not a very good coach. He's like the Gareth Southgate of Portugal, he's just lucky to have an idiot proof talent pool.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 617779

My apologies to anyone who was triggered by my Mik thoughts and opinions, didn’t realize we had to box them into certain threads ??
I’ll be more careful with my thoughts and the timing and categorizing and following threads and possibly triggering or making anyone feel threatened or unhappy or not included or not following protocol or for not taking this ultra serious or having to much fun or having my thoughts monitored 🤭🤪😜😉
GFLG
Bad boy! Go stand in the corner until you learn what's appropriate and what isn't.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs against Bos/NJ/Dal this year who are all top 5 in GF this year

4-0-1 while giving up 5 goals in regualtion time.

Throw the Sabres in there and it's 7 GA in 6.

Throw in the Kings who round up the top 5 and it is 11 in 7 and the record goes to 5-1-1.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This team has loved Mikhayev-like players for ever. (Speedy, tools, potential...no toolbox)

Kulemin, Grabovski, Kapanen, Grabner

I saw Engvall trending that way too, but he's progressed quickly into scape goat.

He ain't wrong. I'm subconsciously used to it by now...I threw on soccer 5mins after "start time" and felt like I missed half the match.
Most liked Mikheyev but the salary situation was similar to Hyman, we couldn’t afford him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad